Exit 22 review by Godin

Godin: Exit 22

This guitar sounds better than anything I've played under $1000 and may sound better than even that. I was considering buying an Epiphone I'd tried down at Long & McQuade even though it was a bit out of my price range, but this guitar just blew it away. It produces a very rich sound both clean and distorted, for which I believe the mahogany body is the culprit. I tried this guitar at Steve's with a 2 and a half thousand dollar Marshall which may have contributed to my amazement at the sound, but even plugged into my diminutive Peavey amp it makes a hell-of-a-sound. My favourite settings are 1, 2, and 5.

Amazing guitar. If your looking for a guitar in the $400-$900 range I can confidently say this is the best one you'll find. Period. It can play MANY styles of music VERY well. There is a huge difference between this guitar and some of the guitars you can get for cheaper. The only thing I would change is (if possible) make the pickups a bit farther from the strings (sometimes I hit them while playing). If lost or stolen I would definitely get another one. As soon as I got enough money...

I can't really tell you much about it's durability since I've only had it for a few days but it seems like a very solid guitar. I would play this guitar Live without a backup without a second thought. I know that the hardware on this guitar will last a long time thanks to the amazing quality of Godin Guitars and the fact that it's all handcrafted.

Some people don't like the "unpainted wood" look, but I personally love it, especially with the rosewood fingerboard. The action on this guitar was very, very low. Which is very, very good. The pickups on this guitar are great (is it true they use GS1s on Gibsons? ). Solid mahogany body is great.

This guitar is handcrafted in Canada and assembled in the U.S. It come with a maple or rosewood fingerboard (I chose rosewood), a maple neck, and mahogany body.It has a 5-way selector, volume and 1 tone. It has Godin GS1 single/single/humbucker pickups. It came with an epic gig bag and a handful of picks.

RaziBoy
    If it sounds good on a Line 6 Spider, it will sound good on ANYTHING.