Exit 22 review by Godin

Godin: Exit 22

Now, I'm not saying the sound is completely perfect, but it suits the styles I play perfectly, considering I'm not such a Metal-Head or Classical dude. I play, as every guitar noob does, mostly Rock and Alt Rock and the guitar handles the sound well. I play Acoustic sometimes and the Cleans sound great... Oh, lemme rephrase that... The Cleans sound GREAT! A lot of Feedback on a highly distorted setting. The faulty chord I had must've been the cause. So far, it suits the varying styles I play very well. And it is very versatile. I played it through a Marshall MG10CD at first... Yeah, I know, I thought the guitar was the problem but then I played it through a Mesa Boogie and it sounded great.

My styles vary, so does the guitar's abilities. But I just hope I don't come across a style that will finally defeat this guitar. Been playing for 9 months (But my skills are a bit accelerated). I own this and an Ibanez GIO which I rated a bit too high in my other review due to the dreaded new-product rush. I own a Marshall MG10CD, which is bad, but special to me. I really wanted a Paul Reed Smith guitar but someone had already bought it. If this thing were stolen, I'd try and look for something else. It's not that it's bad, but there are others of this sound quality as well. I love the look of it's body but hate the look of the headstock and the setup. I really wish it had another color rather than a bright, wooden look on the headstock. But other than that, this guitar is pretty good, and I recommend it :)

It will last live playing as it seems pretty durable. I'd depend on it to last for decades to come and to last through a rough show or gig. The semi-gloss finish will definitely last.

The factory who was the dude who sold this to me had set it up pretty badly. He had adjusted the bridge in a way that every single note I played buzzed except for the harmonics. The neck was a little off-set too, and I'm getting it fixed. So as far as the setup goes, it was horrible. I tuned it perfectly to Standard Tuning... Oh.. Lemme rephrase that... I LITERALLY tuned it PERFECTLY to Standard Tuning but whenever I play an E chord or a Power Chord, you can hear it... Uh... Wave.

I bought this guitar from someone on http://www.ayosdito.ph/. Which means it's a second hand guitar. It was made in Canada and assembled in the USA. It's got a 22-fret Maple neck with a Rosewood fingerboard. Good, solid Mahogany body with a natural, semi-gloss finish. I can't wrap my head around what this bridge is called. But it's a really weird fixed bridge. At the back of the guitar, I see the ball ends of the guitar strings and I can look through the hole from the bridge and see the ball ends. So I'm assuming I have to insert the strings through the body from the back and through the bridge then wrap them around the tuners. Controls are 1 volume and tone knob and a 5-way selector Switch that switches through a S-S-H pickup configuration allowing for sound variety. As I said, pickup configuration is Single Coil-Single Coil- Humbucker. Neck and Middle Single Coils are both GS1 pickups. The bridge Humbucker is a GHB1 pickup. All electronics are Passive. The tuners are non-locking Godins. The guitar came with a bag, just as the large sticker with a bar code and serial number said. This bag, however, was not included by the seller. The features were perfect.

RaziBoy
    Got the neck fixed. It's the fastest guitar I've ever played !