Freeway Classic review by Godin

Godin: Freeway Classic

Purchased from: Long And Mcquade

I think this is where this guitar shines. I was looking at the Mexican Fat Strats when the sales person said that the Godin blows the Strat tone out of the water. He was right. I play mainly classic rock and grunge, and this is a great guitar for all of them. I use the bridge pickup most of the time, but when playing Hendrix I use the middle single coil. This is my FX chain Godin Freeway Classic/Danelectro Distortion/Dano Chorus/Dano Flanger/Crybaby/HighGain Volume/Fender Champ 12. This guitar isn't noisy at all and for the price the pickups are really nice, in fact, this guitar was the best sounding in the price range.

This was a perfect guitar for me. The best in the price range by far. I compared this to a Fat Strat, Epis, and everything else, and this was the best in the price range. The only guitars I like better are PRSs and Gibsons. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably replace it or if I had the money get a PRS or Gibson. If your looking for a guitar in the 300-500 dollar range. Way better than the Fat Strat or Epis. Once I got the problems fixed, it's been fine. It's a great rock/blues guitar and it'll serve me well for years to come.

Very reliable. Nice and light but not dinky if you know what I mean. The hardware seems rock solid, and I can literly touch the body of my guitar with the whammy bar and it won't go out of tune. I had a bad volume pot, but other than that everything was fine. I replaces the buttons with locks, but you should do that with any guitar. Protect your investment.

This guitar was set-up pretty nicely out of the shop. I had the action lowered after I got it. After a while, I kept popping strings. It turned out there was a bur on the brigde and it was cutting the strings. I got the bridge adjusted and nothing happened since. Because of this, I'll give his category a 4.

- Made In 2004, first year of production - Made in the USA with parts handmade in Canada - You can either get a solid top or a flame top - I have a blue flame top and it looks amazing, one of the better tops I've seen - Strat meets Jackson double-cut body - Strat style bridge (comes with tremelo arm) - Passive electronics - 1 volume, 1 tone, 5 way Switch - HSH pickup configuration, Godin made pickups - Non locking tuners, I believe they are Gotoh - Comes with a great gig bag. As for features, it doesn't have the synth acess or that sort of thing, but if you want something ready to plug in and rock, this is your guitar.