Freeway Classic review by Godin

Godin: Freeway Classic

I mostly play rock and metal, basically anything from Black Sabbath to Led Zeppelin. This guitar suits my style, the middle pickup is good for chords and soft songs (Stairway, etc). The bridge pickup gives a great crunch for the heavier stuff. The neck pickup sucks except for stuff like the intro to Sweet Child O' Mine. I use it with a 15 watt Precision amp (it's a really bad amp) and I souped up the distortion with a Boss OS-2 distortion/overdrive pedal, which is awesome. The guitar is noisy on the middle pickup when distortion is on. The clean tone is more than beautiful except for maybe too much tone on some settings, which makes for a really snappy sound, especially on the humbuckers. I'd give it a 5, except for the puchiness on the clean tone and the bad middle pickup.

I've been playing for almost a year, and I'm not a bad guitarist. I really love this guitar and I will keep it for as long as is humanly possible. I own a horrible Jasmine acoustic guitar, but that doesn't really count. If it were lost or stolen, I would definitely get another Godin, but maybe not this same one (possibly the Freeway Floyd). I can't really give details about when it was purchased, because it was a present. I'd give it five, but nothing is perfect!

The guitar was beautifully set up from the start, with no tweaking necessary, the action is super low with no buzz or tinny sound at all. No complaints for the pickups. The finish is beautiful and has not chipped at all (although I am always careful with it). The only thing is the input jack loosens from time to time, but that's really no big deal.