Freeway Classic review by Godin

Godin: Freeway Classic

Purchased from: Musicstop

This guitar is very versatile. The pickups are very powerful, and produce very little hum or feedback. I play blues, rock, progressive, and virtuoso styles and this guitar can get good tones for all of them. Using the bridge pickup, I was able to get everything from smooth rock leads, to crunchy distorted rhythm tones to all out shred tones. The middle single coil is great for more Vintage sounds and sounds best running through a clean channel. It has very well pronounced dynamics and is very sensitive to you playing style. The bridge humbucker is a bit brighter. It's good for metal rhythm, '80s style rock/metal, and also works well for giving a little more bite to your leads. This guitar always gives a very full sound, and the tremelo works well too. Overall, this is a great gutiar when you need versatility.

The Godin Freeway Classic is a great guitar, especially for the price. The sound is full, and it's very versatility. It's a good match for almost any style of music, although most of the tones lean a little bit more towards the modern end of the music spectrum. I really love the feel of the guitar, and it is very solid. If you're looking for a guitar with a lot of sonic versatility, solid construction and a forgiving price tag, then you should probably take a look at this guitar.

As mentioned before, this guitar is very well made. I would trust it for playing live. I wouldn't use it without strap locks, but I never play without them anyway. The finish looks like it will last awhile, and the hardware is all top quality. I would depend on this guitar, and would be confident enough to use it without a backup.

The guitar was set-up very well from the factory. The pickups were correctly adjusted, and the tremelo was set too. The neck is smooth and feels great to play on. The guitar is blemish free, and is almost perfectly constructed. The pots don't crack, and the selector Switch is completely silent.

The Freeway Classic features an alder body, 22 frets, and an H/S/H pickup configuration. The tuners are non-locking, and it has a master volume and tone control, and a 5-way selector. This particular model was made in 2005. It also features a Wilkinson-style tremelo.

NirvanaFan101
    I tried this guitar out in the store and it was amazing. The second I finished playing the solo in Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.. I was like "wow!".. and then I tried playing it clean..playing My Heroine by Silverstein, and it was SO good I fell in love... and I said "Dad this is the guitar I want"... I love this guitar... the looks, the sound, the price, the quality.. everything about it is good... and I think everyone should have this guitar.
    Kutanmoogle
    One thing to note is that they no longer have the solid red and black pearl colours available. The only colours now are blue and orange-ish (both maple flame top). Just something to keep in mind, as the solid colours were cheaper, but the flames look WAY nicer (i have the blue flame).