Freeway Classic review by Godin

Godin: Freeway Classic

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

This guitar sounds fantastic seeing as it is solid maple, and the makers at Godin produce guitars worth more than they are priced because they aren't technically American made. This makes for a modest price for an amazing guitar. It plays rock music as good as any other out there, and it can hold it's own when playing the odd blues riff. I use a Vox VR-15 tube amp, and Boss effects. This guitar sounds fantastic on this setup, and the sound is comparable to my buddies $1100 Tele, and it has worse playability to me.

This guitar is good for anyone at this price, but anyone looking for their seconed guitar, and plays rock music shouldn't not have this guitar, I swear and always will swear by this guitar, it is one of the best I've ever played and the sound beats any PRS I've played. And a PRS is a comparable brand and style of guitar for this guitar.

This guitar is built like a rock, it doesn; t have a scratch on it, and the only thing that I have ever found with it that would be annoying everyonce and a while doing shows is that this guitar is hard on strings, and that I need to have strings wherever I take it. It comes equipped ready for locking nut strap pegs, but doesn't come fully equipped.

The action on this guitar is unbelieveable. I couldn't believe that I could bend a string as far as it could go on any fret and never have the bend die out or cut. This guitar is sturdy and very well built. I play this guitar non-stop, and never have I come across any serious problems. Like I said earlier, the finish and paint job on this guitar beats anything I've ever seen, it's classy, but has a touch of rock too it, making it perect for whatever you want.

This Freeway is a double cutaway, made in 2005 hand made in Canada and assembled in the USA. It has 22 frets and is a 22 1/2" scale. The frets are thin and very nicely placed and easy to play. The neck builder for Godin has been hired by Fender to build all of the necks on the 2006 guitars. It is a solid top and the body is solid maple. The neck is maple with a rosewood fretboard. I bought the blue model which come with silver flaking in the paint making it Shine beautifuly in the light. Godin bought the rights for the pickups used in this guitar (2 Seymour Duncan Humbuckin pickups, and 1 single coil). They are techiniclly Godin pickups, but they were made by Seymour Duncan. The gig bag included with this guitar is as solid as they come, it's damn near as good as my hard case, and a hell of a lot lighter.

Schmorgasblab
    shreder666
    this guitar ****ing rules i own it and its awesome, the only prob is the volume knob, it ****ed up but im gonna replace it.
    guitarkid7
    I just got this guitar the other day.. I love it .. great sound and finish.. i bought a $100 G1 foot petal with it.. works well with alot of distortion for feedback control.. it raaely goes out of tune.. i highly reccomend it.. i was looking at some 60th ann. strats.. then got suggested this.. love it..
    Kutanmoogle
    Schmorgasblab wrote: I have this guitar, Not many problems...I had to replace part of the volume nob and the 5 way swich might go soon other than that the guitar is very good.
    Yeah to my knowledge they use electronics imported from China, so chances are if anything messes up on the guitar, it'll be due to the cheap imports rather than the handiwork of the workers.