Freeway Classic review by Godin

Godin: Freeway Classic

Purchased from: Thomas walls school of music

It suits my style really well. It sounds amaising for all things deep or cristle clear but it isn't quite as good in the middle places. It has a really full sound. I'm very happy with it and it can make pridy much any sound, but it is not a Hendrix guitar. If you use the wammy bar a bit it's sick but if you use it all the time it's best you use a Freeway floyed with the floyed rose pedle trumble.

This guitar is a good match for anyone looking to play all types of rock exept in a hendrix style. I've had this guitar for 1 1/2 years, I also have a Fabtone distortion peddle, which comes really handy. I recomend it to all my friends. If I had a chance to ask if I could have hand something with my Freeway Classic then I would have asked for a Freeway floyed it's like an slightly upgraded Freeway Classic (for 100$ more).

This guitar will withstand anything. my friend hit it off my roof when he was playing it and it left a microscopic little ding. Trust me I'm rought with it. It also seems like it will last forever. The durability and reliability on this guitar is amaising.

One thing I really liked about this guitar was that it was checked buy 9 different people in the factory and all of the signed a sheet saying they worked on it. Plus it had a 30 day warranty. I did not seem to find any flaws with it although it was out of tune (that was expected).

The Freeway Classic was made in Quebec Canada. It's a blue burst solid top (looks sick, but would look a bit better if it were lighter). There are unfortunatly only 25 1/2 scale but it has a beautiful sound for blues, classic rock, and hard rock. the fretboard is a soft rose wood, and the body is maple. Electronics are the following: Godin humbucker-single-humbucker, tremolo bridge, double 5-way switch, volume & tone controls. for touning it is not locked like some guitars. It came with a solid softcase (softcase that is very tough and thick). The case event hase a strap on the inside of it that holds your guitar in place and has a supporting cushion for the neck. It's a great deal for the price but it could have been a little better. It has a wammy bar.

p.o.d child666
    Kutanmoogle wrote: Schmorgasblab wrote: I have this guitar, Not many problems...I had to replace part of the volume nob and the 5 way swich might go soon other than that the guitar is very good. Yeah to my knowledge they use electronics imported from China, so chances are if anything messes up on the guitar, it'll be due to the cheap imports rather than the handiwork of the workers.
    actually the parts are hand made in canada so this time you cant blame it on the chinese
    spiroth10
    This guitar is great. I got it today, used but in near mint condition for $250 (a steal for this jewel). It was the best in it's price range, and WAAAY better than my first guitar (a cheapo $25 acoustic) this is my second guitar, and judging by it's quality, it just may be my last... I'm VERY happy with it.
    NirvanaFan101
    spiroth10, you bought it for $250? nice! this is such an amazing guitar... I think I'm getting a Godin LGXT soon.. Godin guitars rock!
    Rage`
    I have this guitar, and use it as my main guitar. The tone is just incredible. I wish it could pull off a bit more crunch, but the lead abilities are amazing.
    moro_sky
    I love this guitar. I have however noticed that the volume knob on my guitar is slighlty cracky' and it seems that lots of other people are having similar problem, seems that this is a common prblem with this guitar, although it is easy enough to fix.
    ernasty10050
    I own this guitar. I played a Gibson Les Paul Custom for the first time yesterday, and I never realized how good I have it. I have been thinking a lot about it, but I can't understand why my guitar has a better sound than the LP I played at Guitar Center. Whatever it is, I never knew how good I have it. Amazing guitar.
    Blind In 1 Ear
    i have this guitar and its such a great guitar. first off, the tone is awesome. really big sounding especially with the 12's i use. the neck also feels really great. i feel like i can actually play better on it. plus, it looks sexy. AND, its not a rediculous amount of money. i got mine under 500. i dont remember exactly how much though. i love though how when i play 1000 plus strats and gibsons my godin still sounds better or just as good in some cases. my friend has a 1500 LP and my godin totally rules it. godin came out with a new guitar: the passion RG-3. its a SSS guitar. seems to be a pretty good guitar. i hope i can try one out soon.