Freeway Floyd review by Godin

Godin: Freeway Floyd

Purchased from: Almighty Guitar Planet

I play mostly just rock, metal and blues, and this guitar is absolutely perfect for it. I play it through my own crappy Fender Frontman II 25R (soon to be replaced, hopefully), a DigiTech Hot Head Distortion and a Dunlop Crybaby wah, and even through that budget equipment this baby shines. The sound is very balanced. I can get any sound I want or need out of it.

This is excellent for eveything I do. I've been playing electric guitar for a year and a half, and this blows my BC Rich out of the water (not a big accomplishment, but whatever). If it were stolen, I would hunt down the man who took it. Then sell his testicles on the Black Market to pay for a new one. There's nothing to hate about it unless you drop tune a bunch, which I don't. My favorite feature is the Floyd. My other option was a Jackson DK2, and for me this was far superior.

This guitar could withstand hours of live play. I just wish I could, you know, prove it. I won't ever have to replace the hardware, although I probably will get straplocks for it. I wouldn't do a gig with it without a backup, because that's just stupid.

The action was a tad high when I got it. The pickups are still the way they came, I haven't had the need to adjust them. Every part is tip-top, no cracks or rust or anything.

This beauty is assembled in the US from parts made in Canada. Great-feeling 22 fret rock maple neck with a rosewood fretboard and small dot inlays set to the left. The Superstrat body consists of a maple center with poplar wings, with a black finish. Licensed Floyd Rose-style bridge, HSH pickup config with Godin stock pickups, 1 volume, 1 tone, 5-way Switch, Godin non-locking tuners (with a locking nut), and comes with a gig bag.