LG review by Godin

Godin: LG

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

This suits my stlye of music very well. I play mainly classic rock and blues and metal. The pickups give awesome classic rock distortion and also very crunchy didtortion for metal. I use it with a Marshal MG30 and this amp makes it sound amazing, even though it is not a great amp. fairly noisy when distorion is on or when it is loud. It has a very full sound. Easily suits many styles of playing. I also used this on a rental Traynor YCV40WR and it sounds amazing, but makes tons of noise when volume is over about 2.

I have been playing for 2 years and I also own a Washburn EA16 acoustic. This guitar is my favourite out or many guitars I have played. Perfect match for classic rock playing. If it were stolen I would definetly buy a new one, but probably would get the humbucker version. I love how easy it is to play but I dont liek how it makes so much fuzz when the volume is turned up. I compared it to some Epiphones and cheap Fenders, and this blew them away. I chose this for the simplicity of it, making it easy to play and maintain, and for the sound and feel. Overall, this is a great guitar for beginner to experts.

This guitar feels very very solid and has survived falling sideways on hard floor, and being smacked into walls and other guitars. The finish has lasted very well and I would depend on it for mostly anything.

I like how the pickups are recessed into the body so you dont hit them while you're playing (even though I still do). I haven't found any flaws on this guitar in the 2 years I've owned it, exept for having to replace the pot in the volume control because it got something in it from the wires. The knob cover comes off sometimes too.

Assembled in the USA form parts made in Canada. 24 jumbo frets. The glossy black finish is very nice. Cutaway makes it easy to reach the 24th fret. It has a string thru-body. One volume and one tone knob. 2 Seymour Duncan P90 pickups and a 3-way Switch. Comes with an awesome gig bag. It is simple but still cool.