LG review by Godin

Godin: LG

Purchased from: The Arts

My guitar suits my playing style well. I play the genres of classical rock, rock, and some hardcore. Right now, I'm using the "Spider III" amp and the clean sounds very good even though the amp isn't a good one. In overdrive and distortion, it's much louder. When I have at 4 or 5, I can play with my band. The tremolo and reverb sounds great too, although the chorus flange has a sound that not's my style. It has a very full sound. The sound obviously tells that it goes suits my style.

I have been playing this guitar for almost a year now and I also own a Canglewood acoustic and this is the best guitar I own. I play a genre of classic or rock and that genre suits my guitar well. If it was lost, which would be impossible, I would buy it again. If stolen, I would find the thief and slit his throat and take it back. My favourite feature would be the recessed pickups. I hate that whe it's too loud, it gets staticy or fuzzy and I love how the guitar goes with how I play, and the black finish. I wish that this guitar had come with better strings. I compared it to some Epiphones and some Jacksons, but I chose this and I'm glad. Overall, it's a great guitar and it's great for beginners to advanced players.

This guitar does withstand for live playing but the strap buttons are a bit loose so sometimes it can hit the ground hard. But it has lasted from that and hitting hard objects, and other guitars. The black finish hasn't worn off yet so it's probably a good thing.

My guitar only had 2 flaws for the year I had it: a wire was unconnected making the volume unable to work and the switch fell off once. Other than that, it was fine. A good thing is that the pickups are recessed so you don't hit them which is something I often do to my friend's guitar.

Assembled in USA using Canadian parts. 24 Jumbo frets. The body and neck is a wood grain of mahogany, and I think it looks good with the black finish. Has a cutaway that makes an easy stretch to get to the 24th fret. The guitar has one tone, and a volume knob. Has a 3-way switch and a 2 Seymour Duncan P90 pickup. It comes with a comfortable bag for the guitar.

LGSP90
    The biggest problem I've had with mine is that I can't set it down without one of my buddies picking it up.It's one of those guitar's that you hate to see someone else play.
    ald10
    It's a terrific guitar for all the reasons others have cited. However, the neck is quite chunky and the freatboard is quite flat. As a result, this is probably not a good choice for a beginner with small hands and I wouldn't recommend it as a rhythm guitar.