LG Hmb review by Godin

Godin: LG Hmb

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

The sound of this guitar is absolutely great. As I said earlier, I play it through a Marshall MG100DFX, which is a solid state amp, but it still sounds just as good as anything I've ever played. It suits my styles, which include mainly blues, metal, and older rock, although I generally play most anything. I haven't yet found something it can't play well. The 5 way Switch helps quite a bit, as well.

Before finally deciding on this guitar, I played many, everything from Ibanezes to Gibsons. I was looking at guitars with 2 humbuckers, and this guitar was much more impressive than the other two I considered (Yamaha AES620, and the Gibson Les Paul Faded). At the store, I compared the Les Paul and this one. The Godin was just a nicer guitar. The other two guitars are great, but this one is just outstanding. I can't really ask for anything more. If you are considering a guitar in this price range (or even higher), I'd strongly reccomend you take a look at this. I'm very happy with it.

This guitar is very durable. It would break if you intentionally brutalized it(although I can imagine it would take quite a bit of force), but just about anything accidental will hardly scratch it. Nonetheless, I'd reccomend a locking strap(for any guitar), because dropping your guitar at a gig looks very unprofessional. This guitar could definetly stand live playing, and I could gig without a backup. I definetly would use a back up no matter what I was using, because anything can happen, even with the most durable of guitars.

This guitar didn't sit in Long and McQuade for long, so when I bought it, it had only been played a few times. It was set up from the factory very well, the action was great. This guitar is extremely playable, playing it is nearly effortless. Mine is a gloss black, very beautiful guitar. The finish is perfect, not a flaw at all. I hate anyone but myself playing it because I would hate for it to become damaged (although, based on what it has been through, I doubt that it would be damaged just by being played).

Made in Canada and the US, 5 way position Switch(more on that later), mahogany neck, non-locking tuners, it came with the nicest gig bag I have ever seen. For a guitar in this price range, the features are outstanding. Either humbucker can be split and used as a single coil pick-up. The pickups are Godin's own, and I'm so far very impressed. With the single coils, there is very little noise, and with either of the humbuckers, the sound is top notch, much better than an Epiphone. I couldn't really ask for more, especially at this price range.