LG Hmb review by Godin

Godin: LG Hmb

Price paid: C$ 399.99

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

My music style is everything from Led Zepplin, to Blues, to Even Metal. My Godin handles each very well. I am using a Marshall amp with Digital effects, which greats adds to it's superb sound. It can make many different varieties or sounds. The selector Switch can very well change the sound from solo's, to blues, to whatever you need. Given the right amp, you can achieve any sound you would like.

My overall impression? One of the best, if not THE best guitar made. It can handle all sorts of different sounds. I see myself playing this guitar for all my life. My favorite feature deffinately has to be the body, it's eye popping! If this guitar was made my an American Company, there would deffinately be a 1000$ infront of the original price. This came with a Deluxe gig bag, which has many pockets, so I can store my guitar playing nessicities. Never again will you have to bring a seperate bag for your strap, cables, and tuners. Honestly, if I compared this to an Epiphone, SG, this would kick the SG's arse straight out of your local music store. I honestly believe you wouldn't be playing another guitar form a very long time. Have a good time, I hope you consider playing this guitar. Spencer Mosher.

The Hardware seems it will last for a very long time. I think you can get atleast 20 years of playing from the guitar. It feels very comfortable while playing, especially while standing, if you have a strap. The Strap pegs are easy to use, no ruining your strap.

When I got my LG, there was a slight problem with the Humbucker, where it had caved inside the guitar. It was a quich stop to the local music store, got it fixed for no cost, and was on my way. No problems beside that, it is very well made. The wood used to create the body, is wood that has been salvaged from the bottom of lake beds, therefore manufacturing this guitar is very Green.

The Godin LG Hmb that I purchased has 2 Godin Humbuckers, which provide excellent sound quality. It has a 5-way Selector Switch, for changing Humbuckers. It has 22 frets, and a bolt on neck. It features 2 turn dials, 1 for sound, and 1 for Tone. It has a string-thru body, which makes the strings easily changeable. The body is a Les-Paul remix. It has a solid wood body, with a Moahongany neck. The fret markers are off to the side of the neck, which makes them more visible. The Godin name is printed to the left of the fretboard, on the body. The Headstock is much like that of an Accoustic, 3 tuners on each side.

nonpartisan
    Picked up an LG Graphite - someone had pulled the EMG 81/85's out and put in Seymour Duncan P-Rails. A tad startled at the level of noise - aftermarket P-Rail installation (verified Godin never did that) had failed to properly ground the pickups. Have to go into fix that. Question... wondering if the 81/85's are better suited than P-Rails to this guitar... anybody listen to the Godin with active pickups?
    painteddeer
    Just picked one of these up for $180 to have a "travel" guitar to kick around. After cleaning it up, it was 12 years old and sat around, re-stringing it, setting it up then plugging it in, I am very impressed. It is well made, versital, and sounds great. It's easy to play, even with a giraffe long neck compared to my Tele and Strat.