Radiator review by Godin

Godin: Radiator

Purchased from: Hobgoblin music (Bristol)

My musical style is a sort of feeder/acoustic/new wave style of playing, this guitar suits it perfectly, it has zero sustain because behind the gigantic scratchplate, there is hollowed out chambers, and in all it sounds like a cross between a rickinbacker and a Telecaster. Very good on acoustic and phaser/flanger sounds, light distortion is fantastic, just dont expect a metal machine! I'm currently putting it through an old custom sound 100 watt amp with 15inch trucker, and a Boss ME-30 multi effects, it's a very full sound on the neck pickup but the bridge pickup is a little bright for my tastes, it has a very responsive tone control and can have tones that range from dark ((but not muddy)) to jangly and jazzy. because there is no pickup selector and instead there are volume control, you can make a variety of sounds and blend them in.

I've been playing for about 7 months only, I currently own a Vintage Telecaster with a seymour duncan hot rails pickup in the bridge, a custom sound 100 watt amp, and a Boss ME-30 multi effects pedal. I tried this guitar many times before, and the owner knew that one day I would buy it lol. I would defnalty get this guitar again! no question about it, very good value for money and a 24 fret neck thats hand finished and straight as an arrow? damn yeh! I love the looks of the guitar, very fusion/retro, not everyones taste, but this is my opinion! I love the neck, i cant put it down once you pick it up, the only thing i really hate about the guitar is the bridge pickup, but I might get a mini humbucker like on my tele. I compared this guitar to a Fender Telecaster and a Jaguar copy, I chose this one due to the sound quality, the neck and the companys reputation, and also because it's a little different. My little shared advice is, dont look at what the stars use, pick up a guitar and play it, if the shoe fits wear it, if the shoe looks nice but pinches, chuck it :P

This guitar will stand anything, it's rock solid, although as allways I would fit strap locks/washers. Apart from the control knobs it will survive a nuclear war. The finish is extremly good, not a scratch on it, and the varnish is about as thick as a good lincolnshire sausage. I would depends on it definatly. I wouldn't have to gig without a backup because I have a Telecaster handy :)

The action was a little high (as usual) but most shops will set it up for free. No fret buzz, the neck was straight as an arrow and very very smooth (hand finished). The pickups were adjusted perfectly, although if you tend to palm mute alot, the neck pickup will get in the way. As far as I can see there are absoloutley no flaws in the guitar. Although I have heard from other owners that the control knobs have a tendancy to fall off.

By the serial number on the back its made in 1999 like most of the radiators. it has 24 frets, solid top, it has two seperate volume controls for the pickups rather then a selecter Switch to get a great blend of sounds. S/S p/u config Godin custom designed pickups. Passive electronics Chambered Silver Leaf Maple body Solid colour with slight glitter ((pace blue)) It's a Radiator style body :S basically its like a cross between a Telecaster and a les paul but with a gigantic scratch plate Stop tailpeice Godin bridge Gotoh copy tuners seems good enough Fat neck with meduim frets rock maple hand finished neck with rosewood fingerboard Came with a 12 month warranty and a gig bag as standard with all godins

False_God
    Man this guitar can handle metal! For single coils it has alot of bass and treble, but its cleans are just WOW! I have played alot of fenders and other guitars famous for cleans but this destroys it!