Radiator review by Godin

Godin: Radiator

Purchased from: Local music store

I play in 2 band punk and metal and I only use this for the punk band as it suits it beautifully, but when I'm recording with the metal band I use it for the cleans. I run it through a Hughes And Kettner Warp 7 which is a great amp but it doesn't get the full potential outa the Godin. But it's good none the less. Like all single coils at high gain levels a buzz comes but it isnt too bad with the Godin as they are noise less pickups. This guitar varies a lot if I'm using it, I'll belt out Master Of Puppets and some Lamb Of God outa this baby and then play some blues after.

I play anything and everything and this guitar handles it without trouble. I have played many Fenders but this destroys them all even the high end Fenders. Now if they threw in a humbucker it would be a dream but I'm not that lucky. I love everything about it really, The only thing I hate is that people always check them self out on the body as it's like a mirror. Overall a brilliant guitar for the price.

Since I got it 2 days ago, I have played a 2 hour gig and practised with my band for 4 hours so I think it will witstand a lot of gigs in it lifetime. Well so far the guitar is 6 years old and not a bother with it. I would gig without a backup but usually with my luck, strings always seem to snap so I'm not risking it. The finish looks like it could survive a nuclear bomb so I'm gonna take that risk!

When I got it it was all perfect, setting was not too low and not too high, no flaws of yet, and I hope never will.

This guitar was made roughly around 2000 in american tho the parts are of Canadian roots. Rock maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, 12" fingerboard radius, 24 3/4" Scale, 1 11/16" nut width with medium frets. Describing the body is sorta hard, the body has a cavity that takes up the body of the guitar and a fibre glass cover which gives it a very unique sound as it is a hollow body, the fibre glass is like a mirror so I can check myself on stage for the ladies. The body is what I like to call a Tele-Paul, it's like a Tele fused with a Les Paul! It has a un-usual bridge that I can't describe. The wiring of each of the Godin single coil pickups with its own volume control makes for a wide range of tones. The tuners are non locking but they a very good. I got a gig bag, strap, cable, picks ect with this.

guitarpolizei
    guitarpolizei
    guitarpolizei wrote: Have had mine for a couple a years,friends always want to play it cause it so versatile and easy going, best buy of my life, never put a buck on it exept strings! This baby kiss some serious ass!!!!
    binjajer
    Hmm... I'm getting one. And putting a mini-humbucker in the bridge. Seems to be a really brilliant guitar.