Radiator review by Godin

Godin: Radiator

Price paid: C$ 230

Purchased from: Kijiji (Like Craigslist)

I play Alt-Rock like Switchfoot, all the way up to hard stuff like Thousand Foot Krutch, Linkin Park - that sort of thing. It suits these things perfectly. It also sounds GREAT for blues, and probably anything else you'd play with it... For an amp, I am still confined to a crappy Fender Bullet, with a Zoom multi-FX pedal, and a Kaoss Pad. The sound this axe makes is very diverse, a little on the brighter side. A light overdrive really brings out the sparkle. For punkier sounds, it would be perfect, as it has that bright edge. Though it doesn't articulate as well as some of my others. This guitar can really do it all. Crunchy, soft and smooth, dark and heavy - anything. The variety still blows my mind.

This guitar is a perfect match for anybody playing blues, punk, classic rock, alt rock, country... The only thing about this guitar is it's incredibly polarizing looks. I love the looks myself - it's very retro, I think, but not everybody does. I've been playing for around a year now, but, due to my eight years of piano, have advanced far quicker than I suspected I would. Aside from this thing, I play a Godin Freeway Classic (I'll do a review for it too, soon) And a home-made axe that I love. If it was stolen? I'd pity the guy who stole it, and I'd TOTALLY get another one - huge bang for the buck, and I know I'll be playing this one for years to come! What do I love the most about it? Sheesh! No idea... I do sort of wish it had a satin finish on the neck, and maybe a pickup selector. Aside from that - it's perfect! Good job Godin!

This guitar is so solid, I would doubt my ability to smash it. Well, I'm pretty sure I could, but I'd still be swingin' by the time the gig was over. The hardware seems very tough. This is a guitar that would survive the zombie apocalipse and come out looking like new. The strap buttons are great - for non-locking buttons. Someday I'll probably swap them out for some Schaller lockers so I don't have to worry about my toes, or my guitar. The only reason I wouldn't gig without a backup for this thing is because I prefer some of my other guitars for different styles of music. But could I depend on it without a backup? HECK YES! I have total Faith in the durability of this thing! No! The finish on this thing would scoff at a flamethrower! It's very tough, and only seems to wear off when the guitar is smashed into another hard something...

I'm not sure, as the to factory setup of this particular guitar, since I got it secondhand, but I did get it set up at Long & Mcquade, and it plays like a dream now. The pickups we ajjusted perfectly, no reason to complain there! As far as how well-asembled this guitar came, it appears to be flawless! I've never noticed anything wrong besides player-induced damage. The only thing I'd say is that the control knobs have a habit of slowly working themselves loose over time. All you have to do is take the knob off, screw the "thing" underneath it back in tight, and pop the knob back on - anybody could do it.

This guitar was made around 1999, and doesn't really look, or feel like it. It's got 24 frets, which is very cool. As to what body type it is, it's kind of a wierd guitar, it has large resonating chambers carved into the body, covered with something akin to a giant pickguard. I know the neck is made of rock maple, I know - fantastic neck! The body might be made of the same wood too, but I'm not sure. Sorry... The finish? It's like thick blue paint on the body, which has proved to be SUPER thick and tough, only a few little chips in mine, but hey, it's vintage! The neck is a clear, thick finish. To be honest, I like satin more, but it's still an amazing neck. The body's just got one cutaway, and I think it looks great! Not too much like a Les Paul, but it's very comfortable, with those great contours carved in. What type of bridge? Tune-O-Matic, I believe. It's very nice! The electronics are all passive - no batteries to change, so that's all good! As to volume and tone controls, there are two volume knobs - one for each pickup, and one tone. You can squeeze a tonne of sounds out of this axe! The only thing is replicating those sounds... For pickups, two singlecoils, I believe, though you wouldn't know it to play it! This is my most comfortable guitar I own for palm-muting! I'm not sure who made the pickups, but whoever did knew what to do! The tuners are great, again, I'm not sure about the make of the tuners - all I know is I only have to tune the thing once a month! I bought this second-hand, but I'm sure It comes with a gigbag, All Godins do. It's a solid bag, too.