SD review by Godin

Godin: SD

For the time being I play anything that branches out of the rock genre as well as some funk. I am currently running my Godin through my Fender Stage 100 amp which I haven't had too many problems with thus far. the neck or middle pick-ups alone can be kind of noisy when not in use especially when heavy gain is introduced although some of the sounds you can create with those same pick-ups alone completely makeup for this minor draw back. Over-all the guitar is more than a little versatile as I can get some sounds that sounds like they deserve to be from a Gibson, flowing out the amp.

I have owned this guitar for almost a year now and so far I havent had any major problems with it, atleast none that can't be fixed ver time. I have been playing classic metal (which I do want to get out of soon!) and this guitar has definately done it's share to help me out. If this guitar was stolen or destroyed I would definateley buy another Godin but maybe not specifiallly this model. Personally what I love about this guitar was how much I put into it and how much I got out. For a $400 guitar it sounds like a $700-800 at the least. Down the road I may have the pickups replaced with Fender Strat or tele pick-ups but thats all the treatment I believe it really needs to be actually "perfect" in my mind. Anyway, I definately recommend this guitar to any guitar player who is starting (especially over any Squier and even some epiphones) or for anyone who wants a more versatile guitar than the one they have right now.

So far this guitar has been vary reliable. I have transported it to a couple of gigs, all of which it has taken with nothing to show for it, on the body atleast. The finish seems like it's going to stay on the guitar for a while. The only part about it thats not too reliable are the strap buttons, the strap has fallen off a few times and I am definately considering getting them replaced. Other than that I can definately sum up this Godin as solid.