SD review by Godin

Godin: SD

Purchased from: Used

I play classic rock, blues and some punk. It fits the classic rock and blues styles to a T but the punk leaves a little to be desired. I use it with a Line 6 Spider II Amp and I can configure it to match any sound perfectly. Some settings give a little feedback but for me it has provided a crisp clean sound 99% of the time. It has great range, I can play blues licks and then Switch it up to play some Guns N' Roses, it's great.

This guitar has filled 9.5/10 of my needs and I'd be hard pressed to find one that filled all of them, especially for the price. I feel that I should have payed about twice the price. There are certainly better and equally as good guitars out there, I own a Epiphone Les Paul and a Fender Highway 1 Telecaster. I love the Godin more than both these guitars. If it was stolen I would go out and buy another one. I love the way this guitar feels in my lap and on stage, I hate the fact that some features especially on high gain are pretty noisy and on stage especially this is an inconvience. I only wish it came with some slightly better tuners and pickups. Otherwise this is recommended.

This guitar has withstood many live gigs. The hardware has lasted and looks like it will last even longer. The strap buttons needed replacing after wear. I would and have used it without a backup on several occasions. The finish is lasting great and with a little polish it looks good as new.

The guitar had one chip and loose strap buttons because it was used but I covered it up with a little back paint and replaced the strap buttons with some stronger ones. Everything else was spot on. And this was a used guitar, thats quality.

It's made from Canadian parts and assembled in the USA. It has a 24 and three quarter inch scale and it has 24 frets. It has a Rock maple neck and a leaf maple body. There's a volume and a tone Switch and a 5-way selector that helps make this guitar extremely versatile. It has a standard SC-SC-HB pickup config and they are Godin pickups. They have Godin tunrs that don't fall out of tune often. It came with an awesome gig bag that will fit everything you need for gigs.