SD review by Godin

Godin: SD

Purchased from: Long And Mcquade

A very versatile guitar. I play a huge variety of genres including punk, hard rock, heavy metal, pop, blues, and country. I am using a Marshall 250DFX amp as well as a Zoom 1010 pedal. The pickups are quite quite considering the price of the guitar. In general I would say the guitar has a bright sound to it. Probably in part due to my choice of bird's nest maple for the fret board.

I think this guitar is far above what a person would usually get for this type of money. If you like to play a variety of music, like I do, than this guitar is perfect. If it were lost or stolen I would get another in an instance.

This is a solid guitar. I don't play live, but if I did I think it would stand up to the rigors very well. Strap buttons are very solid, in fact it comes with locking strap pins installed, you just have to get the male end and you're in business. I've had the guitar for ten months and play on average about 12 hours a week with no noticeable scratches or thinning spots in the finish.

Fit and finish is excellent. Set-up was just right and for me, at least required no additional fiddling. No flaws in the finish or fit. One minor item is the cap on the five way came loose, but crazy glue solved it.

Purchased in 2004. A quality instrument with Canadian made parts assembled in the USA. The bird's nest maple fret board has 24 medium frets. The body is satin black with a bone pick guard and a five Switch with a tone and volume knob, both metal. Two Godin single pickups and a Godin humbucker. Tuners are non locking, but this guitar stays in tune very well. They rarely need adjusting. Gig bag is awesome heavily padded with lots of extra nooks and pockets for all your items.