SD review by Godin

Godin: SD

Purchased from: TheGuitarStore

The sound is awesome! To be honest I never really liked Godin guitars but when I tested the SD, it was like, oh my god! It rocks! I'm using a Marshal MGX30, the single coils are kinda a bit noisy in a light buzzing way, the humbucker has no problems totaly silent, I like to play it on the humbucker, it has a nice hard rock sound to it, and if ur amplifier has contour then it sounds like punk rock so this is pretty much what I usually play but it can do much more than just rock, you can play blues (if you know how).

This guitar is the exact match for me, dispite the single coil buzzing, I don't really play the middle or use the single coils, I just use the humbucker exelent, clean distortion sound. I've been playing guitars for 4 years, all self-thought. Would find a guitar lesson if I had time. If it were to be stolen, dammit that sonnawabitch is going down. And maybe I would by the quilt maple top one, hehe. The few things that I really love about this guitar is that its light, not so big, its string-thru body, has wonderbar (Bendy Stick), and the exterior is awsome, I recomend this Godin SD to anyone who plays usually using clean distortion, I hope my review will help anyone.

Well, this guitar was made for long term using, and ofcourse it will withstand live playing, the hardware looks like its fragile, but it's just to decieve you, all of it is strong and though, the strap buttons are solid but small, so your guitar might drop at a certain angle. From my experience I not that good to go play myself, I would need a backup but I think other people with good guitar practise wouldn't need a backup.

The guitar was in perfect condition when I got it, and it's still is until now. The action? Great! the pickups are adjusted perfectly and this guitar is almost flaw-less, just that the single coil pickups abit buzzy, and the strap buttons could be better its kinda small so odinary leather/nilon straps won't hold on so try using the Planet Waves one, other than that, everything is all good.

My Godin SD was made Assembled in USA and Handcrafted wood from the land of south park (Canada). It's the 2004 model of the SD, it has 22 maple rock frets, it has abit of a arch top (which is good)and is neck bolted-in. The finish is red, black pick guard and the body is original Godin style, it's a string-thru body guitar and has a 5-way pickup selector and the pickups are: H/S/S (Humbucker - Single Coil -single coil), all original Godin pickups, with wonder bar (Bendy stick).