SD review by Godin

Godin: SD

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

This guitar fits my musical style perfectly. I play alternative, rock and ART rock. I plug the SD through a Fender FM65R and an Original Dunlop Crybaby Wah and it handles beautifully. It gets a little noisy on the neck setting, but otherwise, it's pretty good. It has a full sound all of the time.

I play alternative, rock and ART rock and the Godin SD is an amazing match. I've been playing for a year and a half and I own a wah pedal and a Fender FM65R. If it were stolen, I would kick the theif's ass back to the alleys, I love it that much. I love the maple neck because it is so comfortable and playable. The only thing I wish it would have is a locking nut because I use Standard tuning and don't like fine tuning every time.

My guitar will definitely withstand all of the Live play I give it. There is no giving up in this baby. the strap buttons are solid, but my strap won't stay on, so I've decided to buy a strap lock sometime this summer. I already gig without a backup because I am too damn poor to buy another guitar, and I would love one just incase, but I doubt that I would need it.

The factory set up was good, I just had to adjust the action and Switch the 9's for 11's. Everything was perfect except that the bridge springs have rusted a little. I've fiddled with it's features but found that they are already set up correctly and to my liking.

This guitar was built with 22 medium jumbo frets on a neck of maple. The body is a sort of thinned down Les Paul with a pearl finish to top it off. A string-through-body bridge is used under a configuration of s/s/h pickups (5 pickup settings). The SD uses passive electronics, with 2 knobs given; tone, and volume. I was also given a gig back upon my purchase.

slash N @xl
    I played several Godins at a music shop, and this SD series rocks. It beats the hell out of any Fender. And its xtSA models beats the hell out of a Gibson LP.
    steve.howard
    I own this guitar, don't have a full review to write but I do have a note - replace those single coils ASAP, they hum terribly and are just horrible distorted anyway - thus, all I ever really used was the bucker in the bridge. I put a Seymour Duncan SCR-1 in the neck and an SHR-1 in the middle and I use all of the positions now.