SD review by Godin

Godin: SD

Price paid: C$ 250

Amazing, I never really appreciated it until I started to get better. I can now officially say that the pick ups are good. Some slight rattling at first, but an Allin key quickly got the bows out of the neck and now its nothing but smooth classic rock and blues.

I got the guitar about a year and a half ago. When the original person perchased it, he bought it for 450 with amp, and since then this specific guitar has done nothing but increase in price with little advancement. Its now currently going for 799 plus tax at The Music store near my house. And even though it is still worth every penny, its a guitar that grows with you while learning. If you're looking for a starter guitar or even something to pick up to fool around with with a good sound and you can pick one up for cheaper then 400, buy it!

The finish is wonderful. Its a high gloss, yet it doesnt scratch. My cousin has the Epiphone les paul. beautiful guitar when he got it but with greater care maintaining it, it still ended up with scratches. Where as myself I wasn't always the kindest to the guitar when I started playing and no damage. It even had an unfortunate run in with the floor one jam session and nothing more then a slight chip on the bottom.

I didn't get this guitar new so I don't know how good the factory setting were, but I do know that it was on the original strings when I got it and they still had some nice sound to them. The guy who owned it b4 me had it for about 2 years before I purchased it from him and he basically learned the intro to thunderstruck and stopped playing so it was basically Brand New minus the scratch on the front. I found that the top knuckle needed to be filed to fit the new strings I bought but other then that it was excellent. I found that playing my amp at mid level with the guitar set to high tone was a great sound. As mentioned on the other reviews, the SD has a 5 way slidable sound adjuster. I found that on the second highest level with a mid level sound coming from the amp was very clear. I was stunned at the sound quality for a guitar of this price.

Canadian parts assembled in the US of A. And I have to say if that's what it takes to make a guitar this great, every manufacturer should do the same. I haven't owned anything but this guitar a Gibson Flying V and a really old Acoustic which is why I wont have much to add, I was just blown away by the quality of guitar for the price. Mine was the typical ebony with white pick guard with the maple fret board. It had one minor scratch in it and I got a really (REALLY) terrible Washburn amp with it. For that price the amp was just a bonus. It was my first electric and was very easy to learn on.