Session review by Godin

Godin: Session

The first pickup sounds alot like a Stratocaster, and to be honest, a little better than it. The second pickup is a mix between a Telecaster and a Stratocaster, kind of clean but with a little gain on it. The humbucker fits perfectly with Country music, becasue it sounds very raunchy, but on distortion it it amazing! Sounds like a metal guitar with a little country touch on to it. I play really all styles of music, and this guitar handles that well, because it's very versatile.

I play all styles, from rock to blues to jazz to metal to alternative - and this guitar is great in all of those styles! I have a Vox VT15 amp, and it is almost like this guitar was made for this amp, suits very well. I have been playing for a little over three years and I have to say this is better than all the Fenders from 500$ - 1500$. The humbucker really adds to this guitar, and if you want a sturdy, versatile, good-sounding guitar and not make your wallet cry, buy a Godin Session!

This guitar is very very durable, very sturdy stuff, very very heavy (heavy like a Gibson guitar), but it got hit pretty bad and got 'abused' in live playing, yet the finish and the wood is intact.I'd depend on it in a gig without a backup, but it's a little heavy and the tone knob might get a little loose, but nothing serious. Overall - Durable.

This guitar was made in Canada in 2010, and there were no problems with it when I bought it.I have only 2 problem with this guitar, and ONLY TWO: 1. The first 2 pickups sometimes sink a little or "drop" a bit, but that can be adjusted in a second wuth a screwdriver. Nothing serious. 2. The big problem. The tone knob is loose. Sometimes the knob spins a little back to less tone, but to be honest, this is MY FAULT because I messed with the tone knob pretty bad, but I fixed it and it works fine now!

From rock to blues to country, the Session is a guitar with tonal versatility, style and value, all in one instrument that won't break the bank. This is the second guitar I've purchased, out of three, and it's obviously the best one out of all three. (My model has a rosewood fingerboard and a Vintage Burst SG finsh.) I really like the fact that it has a humbucker, so you can play metal on a guitar that sounds alot like a Fender. Made in Canada, it has a push/pull tone knob which splits the humbucker. FEATURES: Specs Rock Maple neck Rosewood or Maple Fingerboard 12" fingerboard radius 25 1/2" Scale 1 11/16" nut width Canadian Laurentian Basswood body 2 X Godin GS-1 single coil pickups, 1 x Godin Humbucker Controls: 5-way switch, 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone (push/pull tone knob splits humbucker pickup) Colors: Raw SG, Blackburst SG, Black HG, Cream HG, Rustic Burst SG, Vintage Burst SG, Lightburst HG, Electric Red HG, Electric Blue HG. It came with a case and a PL cable.

rv_phoenix
    Godins are very good axes indeed. Craftmanship and quality control are really high... plus the Canadian manufacture. They are very much like Fenders should be, if they weren't been manufactured in Mexico, China, Vietnam and other countries of this kind. I don't own a Godin (although I've played on quite a few), but I own a Seagull, Godin's acoustic brand: it looks, plays and sounds like heaven. And has all the finesse some American axes miss so badly. The guitar reviewed above looks awesome to me, despite the fact that the reviewer doesn't seem to be aware a Vox VT is just a poor hybrid amp, so it sounds worse than all-tube amps, and also despite the fact that the reviewer dosn't seem to be aware that there are a lot of Strats with HSS configuration, very suitable for metal. In fact, more than a guitar whose humbucker is covered (which makes it more suitable for blues than metal).
    barden1069
    Godins seem like pretty good guitars from my experience, but I've never tried this model. Looks very nice though!
    michaelpang89
    How much would you say that this guitar should go for? Is 500 a normal price or is that undervalued?
    the468hucker
    I bought mine for 400 dollars, that was a special deal, but normally godin sessieons would go from 600 to 800 dollars, because they are handmade and the best Canadian wood.
    pecno
    I just got the LEFT handed version sun burst for $550 (list about $700) at my local shop. The right handed should be cheaper (list about $500). The feedback I have gathered is that this guitar is at least as good as guitars that are twice as expensive. That's why I took the plunge.
    dbouillet
    Hello all,I live in Canada and I usually watch where I buy from. I am a beginner and I don't mind putting 200$ more for a guitar if I know that people in the US or Canada have built it.Is that Godin guitar good for a beginner like me or should I start with something else ?Thank you.
    marian.sh
    Take Godin! In this price range it is hard to find something so well-made. I have mine about a year, I've changed humbacker for SD SH-11, and both singles for Merlin (polish manufacture)- this guitar simply rocks. It is comfortable to play and very versatile in sound,