Summit CT review by Godin

Godin: Summit CT

Price paid: A$ 1000

Purchased from: The Guitar Store (Malaysia)

I mainly play Rock n Roll and Blues. Things Like Slash, Guns n Roses and AC/DC. This suits it very well. I use a Marhall MG10CD Amp together with my Boss ME-50 and it sounds amazing. The High Definition Revoice turns the pickups active so I get quite a rich creamy sound. This guitar is very versitile. I tried playing some metal stuff aswel and sounds damn good.The ebony fretboard also give a good sound and its easy to move around.

I play Rock n Roll and Blues. This is a fantastic looking fantastic sounding guitar. People usualy just buy brand names like Gibson or Epiphone. I tried a Gibson Les Paul Studio and its no where near as good as this and this is cheaper! I would defenetly buy another if it was stolent. The Design and shape is awesome! If you are looking for a quality guitar for a good price you should seriosly consider a Godin Summit. Godin is better than most Epiphones I've tried and low end Gibsons Like the Les Paul Studio. Great Guitar!

I have not played it Live yet but from what I can see it will defenetly withstand live playing and I can't wait to use it live. The strap buttons are great. Nothing wrong. I can defenetly depend on thia guitar without a backup. The Finish would defenetly last for a very long time.

Factory Setup was Great! It was down tuned but that dosent really matter. The strings are set up perfect. Nothing wrong with it at all. Pickups were all fine nothing. The wood and everything was great. I looked for flaws on the guitar and there is nothing I can find. Its PERFECT!

Mahogany neck Ebony Fingerboard 16" fingerboard radius 24 3/4 " Scale 1 11/16" nut width Solid Mahogany body Highly figured carved flame maple solid top 2 x Seymour Duncan humbuckers (Alnico 2 neck / '59 bridge) Controls: 5-way switch, 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone, 1 x Godin High-Definition Revoicer Comes with gigbag. I chose gigbag over hardcase so its lighter to carry around. The Godin Summit is an absolute beauty. I got mine in Trans Black. Damn Cool. Its a Les Paul shaped guitar. Well.. a messed up Les Paul but still looks cool. This guitar is quite light.

dhruvrajvanshi
    I see you gave a 9 in the impression category. Did you do this to avoid people calling it 'another all 10s' review or you actually found a small flaw?
    CatAmplifier
    Linkerman
    CatAmplifier wrote: features - 10 no tremolo, 1 tone knob, 1 x Godin High-Definition Revoicer, 1 volume features - 10
    So? If all the features work correctly, why not give it a 10? It's not about the quantity of features; it's the quality of the features that matter. Besides, it's a matter of preference. For example, a volume knob, a tone knob, and a pickup selector switch is all i need in a HH guitar.
    rob904
    those french-canadians know how to put together and instrument
    Rogue Hermit
    CatAmplifier wrote: features - 10 no tremolo, 1 tone knob, 1 x Godin High-Definition Revoicer , 1 volume features - 10
    That right there should make it an 11 in features. Godins are the most versatile guitars I have ever run into. They always excel features-wise.