Summit CT review by Godin

Godin: Summit CT

Purchased from: Foulds (Derby)

Trust me, this guitar can do anything. It's such a versatile guitar, you can do from Death Metal to Fingerpicking on it. Just plug it straight into an amp and hear smooth and warm cleans, filthy solos, screaming leads, twangy country. You name it, this guitar can do it.

I'd recommend this guitar to anybody, it really is a beautiful piece of kit. When it comes to sound, this axe covers all bases. It's brilliant for me as I play bits and bobs of everything. If it was stolen, I would probably replace it with the same model. I love how you can coax so many sounds out of it yet it's got so much simplicity about it. And I love the HDR switch, it really brings your solos out to the front. It's a shame about it having to get the neck replaced, but these occasional things just happen. Overall, a brilliant quality instrument for your money. Just buy it, i guarantee you won't regret it.

This is a very hardy guitar. The hardware seems very substantial and hard-wearing. It's a very dependable guitar, I would use it without a backup, it's that good. Even if a string does go, it stays in absolute perfect tune. It features a very thick looking finish, so I don't think it will wear away easily.

When I bought it, it had been set up outstandingly. The action was flawless, all the set up was just right. The only flaw was that I've had to send it back to the shop to get it fixed as, due to a manufacturing error, the 12th fret Mother of Pearl inlay was too small for the cavity and has meant it needs a new neck. I'm only giving it a lower score because of that. That aside, outstanding.

Godin Summit CTs are made in Canada, at Godin's main base. It's a really awesome guitar, it's crammed with so many features, such as 2 Seymour Duncan humbuckers that coil tap into single coils, a HDR Switch (which basically switches the pickups from passive to active, giving you a boost) and a mahogany neck to die for. The mahogany body has a flame maple top, and the shape is quite unique, it isn't really copying anything. It also features a Tune-o-Matic style bridge, Volume and Tone controls, a 5 way Switch (because of the coil tap) and Godin Tuners. It comes with a deluxe gig bag, etc.