Summit CT review by Godin

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Godin: Summit CT

Price paid: C$ 999

Purchased from: MusicPro

The guitar SOUNDS great. I was able to get lots of good tones, although the HDP was disappointing. I was expected more out of it after all the hype. It does NOT bring the sound up to the serious tone of active pickups.

After 17 years of guitar, this is the only guitar I've ever run into (other than $30 pawn shop prize acoustics) that has been literally unplayable to me. In anything other than a seated position, the volume knob placement left me in physical pain. It's possible I could adjust my technique to get around it, but I don't think that it should be necessary. It's just bad ergonomics I've never seen anywhere else. Because of that, I can only give this guitar a middling grade at best.

Everything on this guitar looked quality, and I would assume that it would hold up well. For a Grand it better be.

This guitar looked BEAUTIFUL. It had a nicely bookmatched flame burst finish, but the maple they used to top it had a flaw that was symmetrically placed on each half of the body. Some people would call it character. To me it looked like an imperfection. The setup was low and fast, with barely any buzz. I could see a lot of people liking the action a lot.

I had a chance to try out a Summit CT at my local music store today. I almost bought it online, but I'm glad I got it in my hands first, because it was a huge disappointment. I'm putting in this review as a warning that it's definitely not going to be for everyone. The features are well documented in the other reviews, but there was a key flaw that no one has mentioned: the placement of the volume knob. If you do heavy palm-muting or strum near the bridge, you will bloody your knuckles on it, guaranteed. Because the Bridge is incredibly low (cool feature) the volume knob is actually taller than the bridge! It is placed just forward of the bridge, and not far enough away that I didn't make contact with it quite often as I was testing the guitar. It actually got quite painful. On that fact alone I couldn't buy it, despite all it's other pros. It killed the guitar, making it unplayable for me.

swcblues
    Now that I've got an account, I'll claim the "Unregistered" June 3rd review.
    s04r
    this guitar is the best i every have and i had many guitar, i sold everyone !!!