Triumph review by Godin

Godin: Triumph

Purchased from: A friend

Got it with a hard case. I gotta say, I've played tons of guitars over the years and this one feels and sounds AMAZING. The pickups have surprisingly rich tone. All three of them are extremely HOT and sound unbelievable. The pickups are very quite for single coil. The bridge pickup is bright but not overly bright, the middle pickup is very similar to the neck pickup. The neck pickup is very rich and punchy. You can play just about any style of music with this guitar. I usually play Indie rock and it seems to be perfect, although I like to play hard rock, and metal sometimes. And this guitar would suit that as well.

Great for rock, indie, metal, clean, dirty, blues. Seems to be good for just about everything. Canadians sure know how to make a good guitar. I have been playing for about 14 years now, and have gone through a lot of guitars. I own Les Pauls, a marauder, a Godin Kingpin Avenue II, a Hofner Verythin, and I go through tons of guitars. This one has seriously impressed me. It's one of the best bolt on guitars I have EVER played. LOVE IT! If you can find one, I recommend you pick it up ASAP and NEVER let it go. Video from YouTube:

YouTube preview picture

This would be a great guitar to play live, it sounds fantastic. It is extremely versatile. Mine has upgraded locking tuners, I recommend trying that out. I haven't tried the original tuners yet. I would gig with this if I was able to gig! The finish seems to be applied nicely and should last. The strap buttons seem to be fine, I wouldn't worry about them or their ability to keep the strap safely on. I believe that the hardware will last quite a few years, the only concern I have is that the pickups are very close to the strings which would leave them susceptible to scratching, aside from that its nearly perfect.

The action is amazing, the playability is way better than I expected it to be. The fretboard is smooth and sits nicely in the hand. The neck is thin, and easy. Just because the guitar is sparkly, doesn't mean you shouldn't take it seriously. The finish is flashy but extremely pleasant to look at. The guitar seems like a Les Paul/Strat hybrid which is great if you are a fan of either. There were zero noticeable flaws in my guitar. I didn't get this guitar factory so I am not sure how they set it up but the way my friend set it up was great, so you can set it up to your liking easily.

- 2007 - Rosewood fret board - Blue sparkle finish - 3 low noise single coil pickups - Locking tuners - 5 way selector switch - Sort of a Les Paul cut, but with a Strat like feel. - The pickups are a Godin brand. Got it with a hard case. I gotta say, I've played tons of guitars over the years and this one feels and sounds AMAZING. The pickups have surprisingly rich tone. All three of them are extremely HOT and sound unbelievable. Just because the guitar is sparkly, doesn't mean you shouldn't take it seriously. Its got serious personality.