Velocity review by Godin

Godin: Velocity

Purchased from: Klaverenga guitars

Use it with a Mesa Rect-O-Verb at home/at band gigs a.s.f. In the jazz band I use a Roland Jazz Chorus. Sounds awesome. I usually use a clean channel and one heavily distorted. If I need lighter crunch I just roll off the volume. Works like a charm. Sounds a lot more twangy than my ESP eclipse (well, it's got single coils after all). But warmer then a typical strat. The humbucker provides some real fat tones if needed for the metal stuff.

It's real good for the Hendrix type of playing, got some good space between strings which I feel is good for that kind of dirty playing, and using the thumb on the low E. The sound is warmer then the Hendrix stuff though, but it's still got that single coil twang to it. Suits me well. For tighter stuff, like some metal and jazz I prefer to use my ESP eclipse. I feel the Velocity is way more "alive" though, possibly that's because of the single coils. Simply makes it more fun to play. The guitar is nice to play, stays decently in tune (when not using the trem), sounds good (if you've got the chops) and is good enough looking. I've been playing for about 15 years, not professionally, but really seriously. Have gone though a bunch of different gear, but this is my first guitar with single coils.

No issues after two years. I'm not a traveling musician though.

All good. I adjusted the truss rod because the strings where way to high for my taste. Suppose it would have suited some though.

SSH pickups, Rosewood fretboard, active/passive switch, trem, 21 frets, one volume- one tone control. How on earth do you rate features on a guitar? Depends on the player. Only issue is that of the single coils not being noiseless. Have to use a noise gate with it. Came with a Godin gigbag of poor quality though. Had it changed but they just rip apart after some months of use.

that guy Strife
    TheBlackening91 wrote: It does not sound 9 through a Line 6 Spider 4 15w You have been playing for 5-6 months, your opinion is invalid and the people at UG who let this review through should have read it first
    Being direct often hurts people's sensibilities. You can't rate a guitar after 5-6 months, you just haven't heard enough yet, unless you've been listening to someone play a couple hours everyday for the last five or ten years. Especially though a 15 watt Spider. That guitar's a seven and-a-half in my opinion, and that's from playing it 2 hours on 3 different amps. Still a Godin, which means that seven and-a-half is more like an eight and-a-half compared to an Ibanez, B.C Rich, even most Fenders ...