GD-350 review by Gould

Gould: GD-350

Purchased from: Johhny Roadhouse Music

The sound of this guitar leavs something to be quesitoned however for the price I paid I was quite impressed after trying several other guitars in the shop. My main style are Metal (Maiden, Priest) but I play other styles as I'm always learning new styles. Overall this guitar was quite versitile although it did lack a little output from the bridge. The single coil pup at the neck worked well for clean and solos although it did become a little muddy when the gain was higher. The bridge worked well for the fast riffing and when combined with the neck it made quite a nice blues tone. I played this guitar through my main amp a Peavy Valveking 112. The guitar remained quite when I was near and there was very little noise when the gain was cranked. Overal this guitar is quite versatile: Jack of all trade, Master of none.

Overal I think that this guitar was quite suited to me, the only suggestion I would give is to replace the bridge pup if its to be used for something with a lot of gain. If the guitar was stolen then I wouldn't buy it again simply because it was second hand, and I have a new guitar. I love the paint on this guitar, it has this lovely sparle which isn't as femine as it sounds. The maple binding on this guitar really set it off and made it look more expensive than it was. As mentioned I wish it had a better pup in the bridge, but this is only for the styles that I play.

The guitar seems quite relible as in the time I had it I only had the problem with the strap button. I recon it woudld live for a gig or to. After a while the tuning pegs may start to go though as my G peg was a tad lose. As said before the strap buttons are fine after I had it fixed. I would use this guitar without a back-up simply because I didn't have a back-up at this time. Although I would still use it now.

I couldn't comment on the guitars fatory setup as it was second hand. In the condition I bought it though the action was really low and produced no fret buzz, came close to my RG370DX. The pickups needed a little adjusting as the bridge was to close to the strings for my liking. This took a few seconds to put right. After buying the guitar I got it home and within 10 mins of playing stood up the strap button had came out of the screw hole (Including the screw) I took this back the next day and the guys at Johnnys fixed it within 5 mins.

Would like to say before getting started that this is my first ever review so you'll have to exuse obviuse mistakes. The guitar in question is the Gould GD-350. I bought this second hand after trading some of my other gear in. I couldn't tell you when it was made as there is no information anywhere. The genral spec of it is: 24 Medium Frets Maple Neck Rose Wood Fretboard Medium Neck Profile 3 way pickup selector 1 humbucker / 1 Split Single Coil Tone And Volume Fixed Bridge The guitar came with the Standard black glittery gloss finish with a lovely maple binding, No accessories came with it as it was second hand although I did get a free gig bag. It has a superstrat type body shape which is quite light. The access to the upper frets is quite good although the higher frets were a little to close together to play well.

IYanoplathizoI
    Want a tip? Type it all up in microsoft word first. Then let the spell checker work its magic. / He says praying for no spelling mistakes.
    TheAbsentOne
    This actually seems like an okay review. It's not biased, and it's gets (well mostly) straight to the point.
    Geldin
    There's only one mistake a Mac won't tell you to correct: you bought a Mac.
    sean1784
    Thanks Guys I will be sure to spell check next time, I was in a rush. Good attempt for a first time?
    evan-simpson22
    pretty good review especially for a first time, no doubt, this guitar looks fairly recent but i could be wrong.
    gl.tch
    Congratulations on not falling into the trap of ZOMG NEW GUITAR TENS EVERYWHERE. Nice review - some spelling errors, but not enough to blunt your credibility. Nice to see a review pointing out flaws and taking off points accordingly.
    ProgFolk12
    No tens, legible and not played through an MG or a spider??!! You've brought a tear to my eye sir! Good effort on a first review
    TheAbsentOne
    Isn't it awesome? Just look. No tens. No Spider or MG. It's like.. Perfect *claps* well maybe not perfect but you know what I mean. Good job man.