MB 1 review by Greg Bennett

Greg Bennett: MB 1

Purchased from: local music store

Sounds amazing through the Kustom Celestion tube pre-amp I played it through and later bought. Wasn't noisy at all. Great set up by the local shop. Great tone. Biting, yet rich. Piercing highs, fat lows. Sounded great.

I love how comfortable this guitar is. I can play it for hours. I love how easily it plays. I love the neck. I love the tone, the playability, the finish. The price. Everything. Top notch "cheap" guitar purchase if you can get it for around 200 or less or even as high as 250. Great little guitar.

Haven't had it long enough to know.

Action is amazing, effortless to play. Neck is super thin and easy to fret. Nice woods. Finish was top notch and looks great. Aesthetically very pleasing instrument.

Indonesian made. Strat copy. Thin neck. Small feeling instrument great for people not of big stature. Easy to play. Finish is fantastic. Great price (155) so yeah it was a no-brainer. I picked it up, didn't expect much and put money down on it 10 minutes later and got it later in the day. Comfortable as hell guitar to play, esp. For the smaller player. Neck plays beautifully. Sounds great through the the Kustom tube amp I played it through. Gotoh tuners if I recall correctly. 5 way pickup selector which in my particular guitar makes a ton of difference in tone. I love this guitar. Would buy again, w/out a doubt. It replaced a Fender Blacktop Jaguar (a 600 buck guitar) as my favorite guitar.

sg4ever
    So is it normal Strat scale (25.5 inches), how does it compare to a normal Strat in feel and tone, are the pickups noisy, does it prefer clean over dirty tones or do both well? Help us out here. For such a high rated review, you were very brief in telling us how cheap guitar deserved such.
    IgorVS
    This is a controversial guitar. It is truly well manufactured and the finishing for this class (under 250 dollars) is amazingly good. No kidding, you can take it for something worth 400-500! Neck is very convenient, wider than a regular strat's and with better (imho) grover tuners, but there is one "but": the body is made of agathis which seriously affects correct strat type sound. In other words, it is still good but improper, not very bright, even lisping on highs and with hell lot of sustain. I messed a bit with the picups, changed the whole set of nameless ceramic originals (6,0-5,75,-5,75 KOhm, they were ok but I wished for more) installing more powerful various alnico magnets (MEC7,0 bridge-nameless 4,3 middle - Artec 6,5 neck). Yes, it changed the sound for the better, but still the instrument requires more gain and sounds not that grand on thinner strings. Overall - controversial, but not the worst at all among it's class.