Metalhead MH-2 review by Greg Bennett

Greg Bennett: Metalhead MH-2

Purchased from: Love That Music!

As I said previously, this guitar will suit the needs of the players Who love hard rock and metal. It provides either the Vintage distortion sound of guitars like a Les Paul or SG, or sweep the mids back on your amp and let the modern high gain chunk blow you away. Although, if you favor the clean channel more than I particularly do, this guitar will still give you the sound you desire. I use this guitar through my Line 6 Spider III HD150 half-stack and I think it is perfect.

I play metal, rock, hard rock, thrash, hardcore, metalcore, blues, jazz, and country. I have about 7 years of experience playing guitar. I've played Ibanez guitars, Schecter guitars and so many other name brands. Schecter, I think, is just a little bit better than this guitar. But this is worth every penny if you buy one. The only thing I wish it had was a tremolo bridge because I love "dive-bombing" a LOT. But otherwise, this guitar is perfect just the way it is.

This guitar is moderately durable. Personally, I would recommend this guitar to players of all styles and experiences. I wouldn't gig without a backup though, but my backup would probably be another one of these. The finish is kind of light, but I believe with proper care it would last quite a while.

The factory set up this guitar a litte differently than I would have preferred. But it's really no big deal-the only thing I need to do is lower the action just a tad. The pickups resemble those used on many Gibson and Epiphone model guitars. Mine did not contain any flaws that I know of so far. I have yet to find something wrong with it, other than the action is just a hair too high.

This specific guitar was made especially for those Who prefer to play the hardest rock or metal there is. Made in Korea, it has a modified custom Stratocaster body style, almost resembling knife blades. It has a 24 fret rosewood fretboard with a mohogany neck, a 25 1/2" scale length, 2 volume and 2 tone knobs for your perfect tone settings, and a three way pickup selector Switch. It has a stop tailpiece with an adjustable fixed bridge, and a set neck. With Grover tuners, this guitar stays in tune 99.9% of the time. Another unique point about this guitar is that instead of the traditional 2 strap buttons, this particular model has 3. One of the best things about this guitar is that it's very light and won't kill your shoulder when playing with it on stage. With a metallic silver or metallic candy apple red finish, this guitar is sure to capture your eye as well as your audience!

sg4ever
    Greg Bennett guitars are good guitars! Don't knock em'! Play a good one through a tube amp and they sound sweet enough. I am going to replace mine though, just because I want something a bit more high end.
    metal_666_man
    first off this guitar looks like somehting id a buy a 5 year old learning to play guitar and play the guitar through a good amp then tell me what it sounds like. Im sure it sounds descent but line 6 imo is just garbage.
    rafael.salgadov
    I use this guitar and I have to say that it is really easy to play, from its 1st fret to the 24th one. It's got a good sound too, Duncan Designed sounds great! And it's hard to find, probably you will be the only one who have that guitar in your city or state. I think it is a very good choice to play at home and at little concerts, I'm enjoying a lot with it
    Dawbo
    All these comments are just about the way it looks, or the amp he used! Who cares? Looks are a matter of personal taste...the only thing that matters is whether this was a useful review for someone considering buying one, and it was. Quit griping - we're a community, not a pack of wolves ready to tear each other to pieces...
    DarkValo666
    enselmis wrote: sure... Looks stupid, and the fact that you would buy a line 6 halfstack and say it's great makes me doubt your credibility.
    Well, if it's his taste, let him be. But I agree, it looks stupid, just like a toy
    Mutant Corn
    Being Greg Bennett, I imagine this is a good guitar...their stuff usually is. But as soon as I read "line 6 spider" I skipped the rest of the "sound" section...
    gizmodious
    Line 6 isn't that bad, and eeryone has a different tone they're looking for. The guitar does look a little goofy though. I'll take my Damien over that anyday.
    JohnnyApplecore
    Line 6 is decent. Sounds a bit... artificial, but they're decent. I have a friend that owns a Greg Bennett Cobra, and I have to admit, it is a pretty nice guitar.
    Semperfidelis23
    Line 6 spider?? Wow at least play the guitar through a real amp then let us know... Especcially a line 6! God those things suck.
    eddieinnola
    It looks *really* silly. I have a Greg Bennett AV4, which I really like, but I don't like these body styles that are all radical and non-traditional, personally. But that's just me.
    enselmis