Electromatic Double Jet review by Gretsch

Gretsch: Electromatic Double Jet

No noise. Use a Blackhear Little Giant (5w) and matching 1x12 cab. Use a TubePre to saturate the tubes when needed. No noise. This guitar can do classic rock, blues, country. It has the necessary bottom end, but is also very twangy, esp. the necy pick up. Very versatile. It is a very heavy guitar, has some nice sustain.

I like the fact that it is so versatile. The fretboard is very fast, you could probably shred on it if you wanted to. The neck has a nice feel to it, the action isn't super low, but you can play lead licks on it. I play a lot of blues and some rock with it. The weight makes you feel confident about it. Some people have had problems with the tuners (unknown make), but I find they are just a little finicky when trying to tune. Once you get it tuned up, it's fine, holds it in tune. I wish it had the master volume like the Duo Jet. The fret inlays are cool, they look like fingernails. The binding has a slightly faded ivory look to it. And I can't beat the price for it.

Came with Schaller straplocks. Hardware seems solid. Don't gig. Finish is still shiny. The B-50 Bigsby is made in China, so it's just a licensced copy. But it works great. Changing strings is a little tough, you need a third hand or a rubber band to keep the end loop over the peg on the roller bar.

Can't rate, since I bought it used. No issues that I see. I'd be a little leary in that it was made in China, but in the 6 months I have owned it, nothing has gone wrong with it. Action is low, but not shredable low. Bridge is routed properly. Bookmatched top. No flaws that I can see. The gloss finish does show oil and grease smudges very prominently, however.

5245T Black, double cutaway, solid mahogany back, body (chambered), electric. Rosewood fretboard. Has a B-50 Bigsby. Two mini Gretsch humbucker pickups (tv jones I think). 22 jumbo frets. Adjusto-matic bridge. Made 2010 in China. 3 way selector. Bought mine used, seller said it was 6 mo. old.

gw76
    Hi ,I'm a complete beginner looking for his first guitar.I'm in between this Grestch and a PRS 22 or 24 ; any suggestions from more experienced players??? thanks !!
    JoeTN
    I was a bit iffy on this guitar at first. However, I've owned one for 5 years now (been playing for 20)' and this is probably my favorite guitar right now. Has a terrific tone, far more versatile than you might think at first. I usually play it through a Peavey Classic 30 and get some great sounds. Very clear.