Electromatic Pro Jet review by Gretsch

Gretsch: Electromatic Pro Jet

Purchased from: Bonners

I play mostly rock, punk and a bit of metal and when I whack up the distortion on my Marshall it is pretty good, on the bridge humbucker, the neck pickup was a bit weak but I made it stronger by unscrewing the pickup screws. I am using it with a Marshall valvestate 60w, a boss turbo distortion and a small stone phaser, it's not too bad, but when you pay 300 for a guitar what do you expect? It has a little variety; it's not too bad on cleans and thats the same with distortion.

I have been playing for four years and I own a Fender Strat and a Tanglewood acoustic. If this guitar was stolen I would not do much but I think I would buy a Les Paul or SG because compared to those guitars it sucks! I just use it as a workhorse and as that it serves its purpose.

This guitar chips very easily but it would withstand live playing, it's pretty solid and big. I would gig with it without a back up and the strap buttons are solid, it's a Gretsch, the strap buttons are pretty good.

The set up was ok, the volume knob and the tone one were loose so I got the man at the shop to tighten them but apart from that the guitar wa great in terms of set up. I was quite pleased with it.

This guitar is Chinese made in 2004. It has twenty two large frets and with a rosewood neck. It has a laminated top in black. I believe it is made out of walnut. It is like a les paul in terms of body shape with a tune-o-matic bridge. It is really heavy in terms of weight, it does hurt your back a bit if you stand up too long. There is one volume and one tone control and one 3 way pickup selector. The humbuckers are 2 mini Gretsch ones.

ArcherTheVMan
    its no heavier than a strat. i have them both. but yes a les paul is much better quality for the money. don't get an sg, its just not...well...a les paul.