Electromatic Pro Jet review by Gretsch

Gretsch: Electromatic Pro Jet

I play all types of rock and this guitar is perfect for all of them. At the moment I am using a Marshall Practice Amp because my other one broke but I have to say even with a bad amp like that it still produces an amazing sound. The only problem I have is that since it has such a big wammy bar since mine has the bigspy it picks up radio stations when its in the amp since we live less than a mile from a radio tower. however, I highly doubt it would do that anywhere else. I've also had problems with that with my 1970 Fender Strat. I just think it's my house location. Its not noisy at all which I love because then I can play at 2 in the mourning without waking my parents up. It can sound like anything you want it to. It's somewhat of a bluesy guitar, however, I dont play blues and I fits metal, classic rock and all those others just fine. By the way the whammy on this thing is incredibly sensitive so when u play it you hardly need to bend it.

When I first saw this guitar it was a used on that they had at the guitar center where someone had replaced the pickups with ones that were far to big for this guitar. It made it so you couldn't pick the high E string so I asked if they had another one and they did and I loved it. If it were stolen I would highly consider getting another one.

I have never played gigs with this so I don't know how well it would withstand a live playing but this is one tough guitar. I have banged this thing around a tone and it seems to hold up pretty well. I would say this is a very dependable guitar. The finish is ok mine has chipped a little here and there which dissapoints me but as long as it keeps producing the same good sound I really dont care.

When I first got the guitar it kept getting out of tune. But after retuning it 3-4 times it should keep its tune. Besides that it is an incredibly reliable guitar.

alex-x-x
    i got the silver sparkly one and i love it, i only got the silver one cuz it woz the only one they had and id prefer black or summit but the guitar itself is excellent for rhythm and does alright 4 lead
    Tamás
    Great rhytm guitar. Not the greatest lead but my brother has a telecaster to play lead with if I have to. Love that great gretsch sound.
    guitarfreak222
    hippieking24 wrote: nice guitar. it plays really good when you find the perfect amp setup, which i found but forgot, which makes me the biggest idiot in the world.
    lol
    marxophone
    tried to write a review of this but UG wont let me upload it..... so....er.... basically if this guitar was stolen i'd track the man down and stove his face in with this beast of a Gretsch. he's lucky that its chambered to be lighter.....
    adpufnstuff
    I just purchased one in black for my 12 year old son from Sam Ash, for the price it was the most guitar for the money. If he stops taking lessons, it would look good as a piece of art on the wall.
    Jimbo1990
    I have the double jet (the same guitar but with a double cutaway) and its amazing.
    magic_tree
    Bought one of these today, gold top with out the Bigsby. I have a USA and wanted a humbucker guitar not quite as full on as a Les Paul. It is great, just wanted. Nice rich sound, not to boomy. I know it is a Gretsch, but for a China built lower end model, it really is good and sounds like a Gretsch, if you know what I mean.
    neptune1988
    I tried this through a Fender and a Vox. The Vox made it sound better than the Fender.
    latinosuperstud
    ^ dude what are you talking about... an sg is meant to be a completely different guitar than a les paul...
    Stop Messin'
    LMAO "don't get an sg, its just not...well...a les paul". Anyway, i seen this guitar hanging in a shop before but didn't play it. It has an attractive look to it.
    hippieking24
    Tamás
    excellent rythm guitar...not perfect for lead but works good. It's way heavier than a strat because of the centerpiece, logic.
    $lick
    i just bought it today. its heavy and it is bluesish. sounds great on a marshall or fender, I chose the fender because the marshall the store had was humming too much. the fender sounded much better with this setup.
    rcmaster0072002
    you have a gay strat then. cause ur stupid and didnt buy a strat u bought a poor strat knock-off.