Electromatic Pro Jet review by Gretsch

Gretsch: Electromatic Pro Jet

Price paid: C$ 600

Purchased from: Ed's Music

It's really great for any type of music, blues, punk, rock, indie, really anything... there are claims that this guitar can't do metal, but it quite easily handles distortion. Bride and neck pick ups all have a very nice resonating sound, which is what is called the signature Gretsch sound, and I absolutely love it. My only complaint about the sound (about the entire guitar really) is the poor output. I have to double the volume for the Gretsch to get the same sound that I have on my Peavey. I wouldn't let this be a stopper for buying it though, because in my opinion, it just gives me an excuse to reach closer to double digits for volume.

Like I said, I absolutely love this guitar... the feel of it (it's not very heavy at all), the thumbnail fret markers, the Bigsby is fantastic (you really don't need to worry about it being thrown out of tune unless you really don't know what you're doing... it keeps it's tune remarkably well). The look is one of a kind, and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. My only warning would be if you're planning to play extremely loud, you may want a different guitar, but for gigging it's great, (you really only need to be about double the volume that you usually play at and if you get it and find the output to be a drastic problem, replacing the pick ups shouldn't cost too much). I wouldn't let that stop you from buying it though. It's a great guitar for a great price. To get a Gretsch brand new for only $600 is a great buy, because it delivers that resonating Gretsch sound perfectly.

This guitar would be perfect for gigging, but like I said earlier, you are going to have to turn your volume on your amp up to be as loud as you need to be. I would bring a back up to a gig only because of the Bigsby... if you break a string, it can take a while to replace it.

No complaints here, no factory flaws.

Made in Mexico, mini-humbucker pick-ups, no accessories included, volume and tone knob, Switch for Bridge and next pick ups. Black finish, with Bigsby, semi hollowbody and single cutaway.