Electromatic Pro Jet review by Gretsch

Gretsch: Electromatic Pro Jet

The guitar sounds beautiful. I play anything from 1950's rock and roll to heavy metal and the guitar works pretty good on all the genres. I use a Fender G-DEC and a FirstAct bass guitar amp and with the G-DEC, I can get just about any effect I want out of it and the Gretsch does a great job with all of them. I wouldn't mind putting P-90's on it, but not on the special model. If I buy another, I would put them on it.

I have been playing for about seven years now and have owned about ten guitars. It is by far my favorite out of any other guitar out there and I would never sell it. I would probably go as far as putting it in a gun safe to make sure nothing happens to it.

The guitar is reliable. No doubt about it. Only problem I have had, is while playing the guitar standing up, on of the strap knobs ripped off and basically stripped out the hole to where I can't play the guitar standing up. However, I should be able to fix the problem pretty easily.

The guitar looks beautiful. Not to brag, but it looks much better than all the other Pro Jets that I have played. Finish is almost like a sunburst but it's red (not to good with guitar terms LOL). Neck is very easily to play on and I prefer the action of the Gretsch over my Epiphone Dot Archtop. The only "'flaw" is the trim of the guitar. If you look closely, there are some portions of the black part of the trim that are grey for some reason. At first, I though the guitar was originally silver, but then I found other red Pro Jets. Either way, it's a very small problem and I still love the looks. Other than that, the only "problem" I have ever had was that the Bigsby tremolo like to squeak, but WD-40 fixed that. The overall quality, in my opinion, is better than any of the higher priced guitars I have played. I would prefer this guitar over most of the Les Paul models.

Year: 2006 Made: China as far as I know. Has Bigsby tailpiece. Everything is the same as regular Pro Jets except mine is a special Australian model that is in Fire bird Red. If you have ANY information on red Pro Jets, please contact me! Oh and the sell threw in two nice Fender guitar straps, a Fender chromatic tuner, and some picks.

GezzyDiversion
    Brilliant guitar, I have one in black and chrome. I find the tuning can wander a little, but that is vibrato systems for you.