G1616 Sparkle Jet review by Gretsch

Gretsch: G1616 Sparkle Jet

Purchased from: scarborough music

It's a really odd match considering I play hard rock metal and death metal but the sound out of the guitar is so awsome you can play anything you want on it.

Like I said I play metal hard rock and death metal. I use my 1962 Gretsch into my Marshall DFX50 amp. I use the Metal Zone MT-2, Eric Clapton Crossroads, Boss Power Driver PW-2 and the Dunlop 535Q Crybaby with it and it suits all my needs quite perfectly. If you play any bolues like Clapton or even Floyd use a Gretsch it gives you the perfect sound and tone you will ever need.

When I played live it was absolutly awesome to use. It's good on solos but can be tricky while doing some good stage presence becuase the neck is so thick.

When I first bought my guitar it was a thing of beauty and still is but after on gig one of my dual pickups just died on me. But Gretsch was really good about it and repaired it for free.

I have a 1962 Sparkle Malcolm Young edition Gretsch but not an option on the choser thingy. It's made in good old Nashville, Tennesee. I find the neck to be a little thick but all in all very very good. I have dual Filtertron pickups on mine and two humbuckers. Unfortunatle my pickups are passive but I would love to through the two EMG 81-81 combo on there it would be nuts. I get 1 volume and two tone simply becuase of the price they threw in a gig bag for me.

swisstony175
    dunno, why don't you ask your boyfriend. ps, this guitar pretty good, maybe i'm gay too
    PRSweet
    How's the neck? Are we talking baseball bat thick or thin like a Fender neck