G5120 review by Gretsch

Gretsch: G5120

Price paid: C$ 799

Purchased from: Fromagier Music

If gold had a sound, it would sound like this. It suits My playing style perfectly. I could be playing Elvis one minute and AC/D the next, and everything in-between, I can't believe how great the tone is on this baby. The neck pickup gives out a rich/deep/full sound while the bridge pickup gives a crisp/bright/light sound. The range is incredible. It works great with effects too, I have a pedal board that included whammy, wah, phase/flange, delay, trem, etc. And this guitar rocks it. It is fully compatible with heavy effect playing (like Tom Morello), it's freaking amazing!

I would recommend this guitar to everyone... In my 6 years of playing electric guitar, I haven't come across anything like it. I would definitely buy it again if I had to, but I plan on keeping it forever. You'll love it. It's Big, It's Beautiful, It's a Gretsch.

This Guitar is a Tank! I would be ready to ride it into battle at any time. It feels more solidly built than your average hollow body. I think the hardware will last forever on it and the strap buttons are very solid and tight. I still put a strap lock on it, just because I paid allot of money for this thing. But I feel that the buttons alone would have been fine, I'm just cautious. This guitar is perfect for live playing, without a backup even, this think is dependable and you shouldn't have a problem with it. The finish looks durable too. You can see where the neck meets the body, how thick the clear coat is on it (About 1.5 mm.)

Words cannot describe the beauty of this guitar. (I got the Orange model) The wood used is very high quality (The space between the grains is less than 1mm.) and is blemish free. The Guitar is flawless. No finishing errors at all (And usually I'm the first to find these things). The guitar was setup at the store by a professional.

Look up the definition of awesome in the dictionary, and you know what you'll find? The definition of awesome, which is what this Guitar is! I got this Guitar brand new from Fromager Music, I fell in love with it as soon as I started to play it, I knew it was perfect for me. It comes loaded with: 2 Humbuckers with a 3-way switch, a 22 fret neck and a bigsby tailpiece. I also chose one with a light gray pick guard instead of the clear one. I also bought a case, as it did not come with one. One thing that really impresses me on this is the stock pickups are amazing, no upgrades required.

COREYTAYLOR721
    Played one, sounds amazing plugged into a nice Vox. I agree the guitar would be better with a fixed bridge just as with any guitar.