Ultra Swede review by Hagstrom

Hagstrom: Ultra Swede

When I first played this guitar the thing that sold me on it was the fact that that I about how many unique and amazing clean sounds I can get off it by using the 3 way toggle and the mim single coil tap. So when I got it home I wasn't sure what it would sound like with overdrive or distortion..it blew me away! I play mostly Grunge (Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Ect.) but I also play a lot of metal and rock as well as my own stuff. This guitar can play any type of music that is out there. My friend Who plays a lot of fast and technical speed metal played this guitar and said it's better then his custom Jackson which he paid 2000 for..is there anything else that needs to be said! It has a rich/full clean or acoustic sound and a intense in your face distortion sound! It perfect!

With this guitar I currently use a Marshall MG Series 30 DFX with a Digetch Grunge pedal. Together they all sounds exacly like any guitar I would be using to record a album, with out without effects. I am sold on Hagstrom and they are all I will be buying from here on in. The other biggest company I was going to buy was Washbrun. I was about to buy a Washburn then I played this Hagstrom and I was sold! I will eventually be ordering myself a custom Hagstrom Ultra Swede but all I'd be changing is the paintjob! Everything else about this guitar is a 10/10 but if you ask me it's a 20/10! If you havn't played a Hagstrom.. you don't know what your missing!

Ihave only had it about a week... but I have only tuned it once and that was on the day I got it, needless to say the tuners are durabile! I havn't played Live yet, but I feel that when I do Hagstrom is the only company that I'll be playing because I feel this guitar is extreamly reliable! If I was going to do a gig all in the same tuning then this would be the only guitar I would be using hands down. The guitar has a odd balance..however with the right strap you can't even tell.

The action on this guitar is simple the best. My biggest issue was transfering from a acoustic to electric, which was a very big problem for me. However now that I have a Hagstrom I have evolved more as a player in the last 6 days then in the last 6 months! With the way the pickups are set up there are so many different sounds you can get off of thsi guitar is incredible. Everything on this guitar looks and feels perfect!

The minute I played this gutiar I knew it was exascly what I was looking for. The Hagstrom Ultra Swede features a sick basswood body with flamed maple top with a slick finish. It features a resinator fretboard with abalone and pearl shell inlays (like you would find on some Standard Les Pauls). It has a 24.75 scale neck, custom Hagstrom anti-slip die cast tuners, two custom Hagstrom 58 pickups, 3 way toggle swtich W/ a mini toggle coil tap Switch, long travel tune-o-matic bridge and a simple control lay out of one volume knob and one tone knob. Needless to say this guitar has some amazing features!

Tyler Durden
    savory_softy
    Tyler Durden : these reviewers with all 10's is just silly...how the heck can you rate a guitar a 10 after a week of playing it?? or at all?? nothing is a 10, Gibson, Fender, I dont care. Lets be realistic with our reviews or dont bother. Im sure this is nice, but basswood body is cheap, you say the balance is off, and still give it a 10???? pfft Cynic
    ProgFolk12
    agreed i played the swede and it was very good for the price as well as being a bit different from the equivilent epi LP
    Bratten
    I own one of these, i am however a beginner at guitars so wouldnt say i was able to review it since i havent played much else, but so far i've been able to get all tones i've wanted on this one together with my pevey bandit 112. The form etc on the ultraswede makes it very nice to play on, and thanks to the thin neck i can use my thumb for the low E string which i couldnt on my gretsch acoustic or my older stratocaster,(my thumb is busted so doesnt bend as much as it used to) Simply love the guitar and wont switch it til it breaks down. I've had it for about 2 weeks now btw Paid about 500$, play GnR,RHCP,A7X
    Terrancehodder
    I said the balance was odd..but with the right strap you can't tell lol I have the right strap so I can't even tell unless I use a shitty strap so thats why I gave it a full 10
    Sound_Mind
    Just bought one and received it in the mail a few days ago. B-E-A-U-tiful guitar. My only complaint is that once I retrieved it and began playing, I had fret buzz on my top string. I am getting it fixed tomorrow.
    bhin
    I found one of these in my local shop for $320 Canadian, I'm looking for something with an LP feel and the weight to back it up. Good CHoice?
    bhin
    I found one of these in my local shop for about $320 Canadian, wondering how it compares tone wise to a regular Swede or even an LP. Any takers?
    Sadokun
    Very Nice Guitar. Ordered mine off of Thomann and it has so far lived up to the reviews. Might do a review when I get alittle more used to it. Only problem I have found is that I am a newb so I dont know which way the coil tap is on the guitar. All other controls I have figured fine apart from that one