PT-VII review by Halo

Halo: PT-VII

Purchased from: Endorsement contract

I play in a heavy/power metal band. I used to listen to those things in my early days and I still do sometimes. Nowadays I mostly listen to modern American sounded bands like Pantera, Disturbed, Slipknot act. I think with this guitar I can play anything. I can play heavy/power with my band while I can also play modern stuff with my side-project. I don't use nay stuff. Usually I have 2 Randall RH200 SC heads with 4X12 cabs, a Line6 POD XT Pro and a Morley Bad Horsie 2. Recording I use a Diezel-VH4 head and a Diezel 4X12 cab. I never had a noise problem with this one. The sound of that baby is great. As I usually say, "It feels like you are hit by a steamroller". Great power, great harmonics, nice cleans and one hell of a distortion. I think this guitar can make it through any music style as long as it is metal or hard rock. For anything else I think it's going to be too much of a dynamite.

I'm a guitarist for about 10 years. I used to play classical guitar for 3 years and for the last 7 years I play electric. I also have an ESP M-III Deluxe, an Ibanez RG270 and an Epiphone Les Paul STD. I think the only thing I would ask would be if I could change the hardware to the black coloured ones. I prefer the black ones but it's a mater of taste. I would definitely buy another 2 in case one of them gets stolen or lost again. I love the shape and of course the seventh string! I also like very much its sound but my favourite feature is the Randy Rhoads V shape. This guitar got to me from an endorsement contract. I've chosen it from the other Halo guitar because of the shape and the seventh string. I also liked the BH-VII. Black hardware. This guitar is perfect. I used to play an ESP and now I use the Halo PT-VII. If you don't believe how great that guitar is just go and listed my bands (X-Piral) new CD named "Hunters". But beware. Don't sit close to the speakers cause the steamroller will crash you face!

I use this guitar a lot. I use is rehearsing, I use it practising, I use it recording and of course I use it playing live. Many times I had problems with my guitars playing live because I really abuse them on stage. With this one I have no problem. It rocks hard. As I said before, I'm abusing my guitars onstage but this guitar was made to be abused! The finish looks very impassive. It also seems well done. They seem to be ok and although I never had problems with strap buttons before, you need some time to get used to them. When I first bought it I would probably say no but now that I used this guitar onstage I can say hell yeah. I never gig without a backup but I would gig it and have another PT-VII as a backup.

The guitar wasn't set-up in the factory since it had to travel to Europe from the US so I don't know about that. The thing I can tell for sure though is that it's really difficult to set-up it. The guitar comes with 2 Halo custom passive pickups. I asked to replace the bridge pickup with the active EMG 707. Not only the technician managed to fit that pickup but also managed to keep the passive one functional. The guitar was perfect! The only thing it needed was a setup.

jeffmetalhead
    These guys dont know how to make an informative review on the guitar they are talking about. More like they're making a shrine to themselves and their gear. Go back and try again.
    shreddin_frets
    The thing I can tell for sure though is that it's really difficult to set-up it
    wow... this guitar looks insane... kinda like something mustaine would play
    JohnnyApplecore
    I've played a few Halos so far, and though they look great, they fall short of expectations massively unless you go for their high-end models. The Satyr? Looks great, but I wouldn't even suggest it to a beginner. This one sounds nice though.