PAC 3-RM review by Hamer

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Hamer: PAC 3-RM

I play everything from jazz to metal and it can adapt to fit most genres. Even though it is not the greatest sound it will work for a beginners first practice guitar. It has a humming noise if you use the middle pick up, and when switching pick ups you get static until you stop playing.

It is all in all a good fit for most kinds of music unless you need active pickups for some metal. I wish before I bought it I brought someone who played with me to check it out and give me an opinion. I also wish I would have looked at squires or ESP's instead of just buying the first guitar I saw. If it was lost or stolen I would not buy another one of these, I would rather get a basic ESP, Ibanez, or Squire. I wish it had better durability, and wiring, but for a practice guitar it is not bad.

I would not trust playing this live since they pick ups seem kind of faulty, and the strap buttons are far from tight. The finish would Live through just about anything, and that is coming from someone who it always dropping stuff. All in all I would only use this as a practice guitar.

The guitar came from the factory set up with a low enough action to easily play. The finish on the guitar was flawless, and seems to be indestructible since I am always banging on on something and have yet to even scratch it. Everything seemed to be aligned when I purchased it.

My guitar was made in 1998 in Korea, but it doesn't play like some of the other Korean guitars. It has 22 Standard frets. And is made from what I believe to be agathis. It has a Standard red gloss finish so it isn't anything special to look at. It is a Stratocaster rip off with the same style tremolo as a Strat. It has two tone knobs and one volume. It came stock with three single coil pick ups.

ProgFolk12
    I didn't know hamer made any cheap strat copies. I know they do cheapish LP/V/Explorer style, and the slammer superstrats, but this is a bit different. Not a huge fan of agathis either
    filthylittleboy
    Jsteele1408
    filthylittleboy wrote: I think people should stop reviewing these cheap guitars and amps.... no one really looks at them unless they're on the front page, and no one really needs to make a serious decision to buy one....
    Yeah and I'm not really sure why these guitars are chosen to be on the front page. Seems a bit silly.
    jetwash69
    What Strat copy (or real Strat) comes with reliable strap buttons? Come on. That's why Schaller makes strap locks.
    The JesterHead
    ProgFolk12 wrote: Yeah. To call it a TONEwood is rather an exaggeration
    Heh, you're right - didn't think about that one It's barely a hardwood (if that even) so it's pretty much junk.
    therevenant2811
    interesting choice of wood....i wouldnt use it to save my life. but if i had to keep the guitar i would replace the pickups for sure. i couldnt have that buzzing when i switch pickups since i do so frequently throughout songs.