SATP90 review by Hamer

Hamer: SATP90

Purchased from: Private

The guitar can do pretty much anything you want it to do. The tone of a P-90 pickup is somewhat brighter and more transparent than a humbucker, though not quite as crisp and snappy as single coil pickups. It works for me when I play blues, rock, or metal and has a very full sound.

Overall I was very impressed with this guitar. The sound is great and the feel is great. It's got a long neck but it's very comfortable. If it were lost/stolen I would definitly consider reinvesting in this guitar. It could be improved with the adding of wammy bar and possibly another tone knob, but considering the way I play, it's not that huge of a deal for me.

This guitar is definitly worthy of Live playing, and the hardware seems like it would last forever. I had a friend buy one of these used and poorly taken care of at a garage sale, he proceeded to try and smash it at a gig like "The Who" but embarassed himself when the thing wouldn't break. Strap buttons are solid and finish wont wear off anytime soon.

There were no flaws in the guitar upon purchase. The action was great, pickups were perfectly adjusted, bridge routed properly. Everything was put together great and you can feel and hear the quality when you play. Of course, the guitar is brand new so I haven't seen what will happen to it in time.

This is a brand new guitar I purchased from a private owner. The guitar is made in the U.S.A. It features 22 frets, 24 3/4" scale/length, ivoroid bound mahogany body with an arched maple top, and a rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays. Also has 2 vol, 1 tone, 3-way switch for electronics, chrome tuners, dual P90 pickups, and Tune-O-Matic bridge. The previous owned also uprgaded the saddle and nut to graphtec which improves sustain and keeps it tune better. Very similiar to the Les Paul Double Cut.

52637james
    hey there! good review! listen i was wondering how this would compare 2 a squire vintage strat/tele or a epi g400/lp standard?? i have a rubbish peavy that cost 100 euros n want 2 upgrade! If any1 has info dat would help id b very grateful! would this guitar be suitable??
    calirocker
    @james, I have the SATF (humbuckers) and it's incredible. Better than any squier I played, better than the G400 (my rhythm guitarist has one) and better than any Epi LP that I tried. I got my Hamer for under $200 (very lightly used) and it sounds and plays way better than a Gibson LP Standard. No joke. I love this guitar...