SATQ review by Hamer

Hamer: SATQ

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

This thing is the everyman guitar, clean. It sounds great for Chili Peppers stuff or even jazz. A little disortion sounds like Zeppelin and with alot you can shred like Zakk Wylde. Pickups are great, no feedback and has tons of sustain. I have a ESP to play shred metal on but I like the Hamer more. It's great for solos espeacially. Tapping, trem, alternate, string skipping and sweep, even sounds really cool with a slide.

If you ever come across a Hamer take time and play it. You will be surprised and probably wonder how come not too many people play these. Since all I got are Hamer Sunbursts I can't spreak for every Hamer but the standards and the vectors are nice too. When I get together enough money I'm sure I'll have another Hamer.

This thing is solid. You could probably throw it down the steps and it would still be in tune. I use it all the time its my main guitar. I don't even really play any other one.

The tension I think is nice. Feels alot like my Les Paul. Pickups sound better set a little lower. But that depends on the sound you want. Like I said it is heavy and hard to play sitting down due to the shape but I gotta around that. The finish is really nice it looks expensive.

A Korean made Hamer Archtop Quilted Sunburst with gold hardware. For 225 it was a steal. It's got 2 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector, 22 jumbo frets with Duncans in it. Mahogany body with a mahogany neck and rosewood fretboard. Weights about 50 pounds! Grover tuners stays in tune nice, and can hold any tuning.

el drew