SATQ review by Hamer

Hamer: SATQ

Purchased from: Schmitt Music

I love metal, classic rock, and nu-metal. It works fantastic with any style I've ever played. If you want a jazzier tone, you can just roll down on the tone, or volume down and you get a nice woman tone. It seems to have no hiss, but then again I'm using a Korg AX3000G Toneworks Processor with it, which has a nice Noise Gate on it. But When I turn the Noise Gate off, it only has a very quiet hiss. Hey what do you expect from a guitar though. It has a nice full sound, and actually quite bright. Of course these can be adjusted by working on your EQ. It has pretty good sustain, altough I've played better. The distorted sounds are pretty sharp and crisp, and pretty heavy. Shredding is pretty easy on this guitar, just Switch to the more articulate, cleaner pickup (the neck) and shred away. The clean sounds are incredible, add a bit of chorus and everyone will admire your clean tones.

I am getting into harder rock/metal and this guitar does the trick, but I wish it had a tremolo bar. Go with something more metal oriented if you want a heavy tone, if you love classic rock and today's rock music, this guitar is it. I've been playing about 4 years now, and I have a Fender Princeton 650 that I usually play the SATQ with. I also have a Crybaby Wah, and an AX3000G Pedal. If this was stolen, I'd probably get a Ibanez. My favorite features are that it looks tremendous, and sounds even better. I don't hate anything about it and my favorite feature is how smooth the neck is.

The guitar does excellent in Live performances, I've already tested that out. It's very reliable. The strap buttons are solid, get some locks and you'll be good to go. I used this at a concert and I had my Epiphone Les Paul handy in case something happened, and I never even touched it. The finish is great. Absolutely beautiful.

It was setup great, the action was perfect I thought. I've played Gibson's and it honestly feels about the same. The pickups weren't adjusted how I really like them, how Seymour Duncan recommends. The hardware was great, tuning pegs, and the craftsmanship was excellent.

My Hamer sunburst quiltop was made in China, and has 22 jumbo frets. It has beautiful Abalone binding, and has a mother-of-pearl inlay all around the guitar. It has a Double-Cutaway, and has a Tune-O-Matic Bridge. The two Hamer Humbuckers are passive, and it has 2 volume knobs, and one tone control. The tuners are non-locking and are Hamer also. The pickup selector is a 3-way switch down near the tone control. The neck feels so nice, seriously. It's just a speed Demon.

JulesZappa
    I just recently tossed some gold tone and volume knobs on, and put on a rhythm/treble ring. Put on a Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Humbucker in the neck (Open Coil), and a Seymour Duncan SH-14 Custom 5 Humbucker in the neck with a nickel cover on it and it looks great, and just sounds incredible. You'd swear when I play sweet child o' mine, that slash is.
    JulesZappa
    The custom five is in the bridge, excuse me...and also i paid $375 for it...
    laxgirl7
    hey i was wondering if this guitar would fit in a les paul case, or if Hamer has a case for these that i just haven't found yet. Thanks.
    ponnightingale
    I got a black one with shiny binding all around it, I'm not on about the abalone, but this trapezoid-kinda stuff, beautiful guitar, mines had Duncan Designed pups and I love it.
    frankencaster
    @laxgirl7: Buy a standard Les Paul case....itll fix just fine. I got this combination with my US Studio model, which fits exactly into the case!
    frankencaster
    IMHO you cant get wrong with a hamer...just a question of personal taste and the question, how much money you want to spent for a simple name (like: Epiph***) and some wood for your fireplace. I once bought a ES-335 elite by this company (worth 2000 bucks)...never....I mean N-E-V-E-R again.
    ProgFolk12
    ^ same here truly excellent very few complaints. (Nearly) Everything was good, action a little high, otherwise perfect