Standard Flametop review by Hamer

Hamer: Standard Flametop

My music style is heavy metal, hard rock, and anything that's crazy to play on guitar. This guitar seems to have meen made for classic rock, or soft type music. I can play stairway to heaven on guitar, and this guitar is perfect for that song. It wouldn't be great for playing music like Dragonforce. It just doesnt't feel right when I play that style on this guitar. I use this guitar with a Crate 50 watt amp, a DigiTech Grunge distortion, or a DigiTech hothead distortion. Those items give this guitar a rich and full sound just right for classic rock, and it also sounds amazing on the clean setting. The 2 tone knobs, 1 volume knob, and a tone Switch give this guitar as much variety as it needs.

This isnt a good match for all of the music I play, only for soft music or classic rock music. I have been playing guitar for almost 2 years now and I would say I'm pretty good at it. I also own a B\.C\. Rich Masterpiece Mockingbird, a Squier '51 Strat, an off brand Strat, an Ibanez bass, a Drive bass, an off brand acoustic, a Behringer half stack, and two distortion pedals. I wish I would have bought something to fit my music style better. If it were stolen from me I would buy something different if I could get the money. I love how this guitar is perfect on clean mode, and perfect with soft distortion. I don't like how I can't play Dragonforce type music on it.

This guitar will withstand Live playing if you give it some strap locks. This guitar started out with really small strap buttons that in some cases wouldn't be very reliable. I could use this guitar at a gig without a backup, but only if it was a gig with all soft or classic rock music. The finish on this guitar is perfect enough to last a long time. Mine was made a couple years ago and it has no signs of wearing off.

This guitar was set up very well at the factory, no dents or mistakes that I have seen so far. I bought this guitar used and the only problem it has is a little dent near the strap button. The pickups are adjusted very well, but also could be better. It has a proberly bookmatched top and a perfectly routed bridge. Basically there are no problems that I can think of about this guitar, other than it may be a little too heavy for some peoples interestes, but it is fine for me.

The Standard Flametop guitar was made in florida. It has 22 jumbo frets, a rosewood fretboard, and trapeziod pearl inlays. it's body is a flat top with a cherry sunburst flametop color. The pickups are uncovered Hamer humbuckers, the tuners are Hamer brand, and it is set-neck construction. Also it has a Tune-O-Matic bridge, active electronics, and it comes with a case made to fir the exact shape of the guitar.

firesofforever9
    the guy who paid 677 dollars wasted his money.. this is a good guitar , but i only paid 400.. read my review
    Sanitarium91
    Looks so sweet!...but is it as good as it looks, cause my friend has a hamer guitar, it's a v-guitar, and I didn't really enjoy it, maybe cause i'd have to get use to it. Anyway, is this more worth buying than an Epiphone Exp.?
    wolflord1
    Buy Hamer Explorer! I'v heard that Epiphone Exp. have bad balance, the neck is heavier than body! And with Explorer shaped guitars its a very bad thing! But I dont know for shure, I never played Epiphone Exp. and i cant tell You 100% information, maybe its not true... I dont know. But I can tell You that Hamer Exp ROCKS!
    sv1684
    I have had this guitar about 1 year now. This guitar is beautiful, easy to play, sounds AMAZING tone-wise, on stage it looks fantastic. I haven't been able to see a single bad thing about this guitar. I love it. It beats epiphones, and I daresay it beats Gibsons... who cares that it was made in china... it is very well built. The other guitar player in my band has a gibson: no BS here, his gibson is very nice, but I wouldn't spend what he did in getting a brand thing. They are both awesome guitars and mine goes for around 500... he paid 2 grand for his. I rather buy four hamers...
    frankencaster
    Got a Hamer Flat-Top, which was upgraded with 2 Duncans and recently bought a used 96 Studio (US-Model) and both of them rocks. Compared my studio to a PRS and there was no difference: great pinch-harmonics, great sound, very effective tone control and a so called "10-top"....i love my baby ; Just take a look at hamers guitar web site and you know what i mean. These a marvellous instruments: play it through a quality tube-amp and youll hear every (!) tone, every string you touch and pick and every vibrato - dont mind if its made with your fingers or if you shake the neck.....theres sound!
    rurouni_aoshi
    Mmm, I played this guitar once and I loved it. But once realizing the price and knew it was beyond my budget xD Great guitar, lovely sound, fun to play, I reccomend it
    Zeroxsk8er1
    your kidding right?? MOST FENDERS look alike, and that dumb, ibanez are good but you need alot of money for a nice one. i bout this guitar for 300 dollars
    Bob_Sagget
    whencowsfart101
    Bob_Sagget wrote: hey the guy who did the second review; how the name of flyin' **** did you do dive bombs on a squire? Do you like tuning ur guitar? WTF!?!?!?!?!
    lmao hes got a point
    Engel22
    I know a guy who bought one, and being a Motorhead fan he chopped the pickups and bought the same set Phil Campbell uses and it sounds AMAZING.
    scorpio2billion
    Is anyone NOT a Motorhead fan?!?! But no, these guitars are incredible for the price, and very versatile, if a bit heavy.
    Vorphallack
    Hamer213 wrote: -Atticus- wrote: they are look-alike guitars. fakes. i mean they are playable but if u can afford a decent guitar BUY IT! THESE ARE SHIT IVE PLAYED THEM!!! If u want a good guitar at a cheap price go for an ibanez or a fender!!! Are u kidding me? Gibson, Ibanez and Fender have u brainwashed, just because they has been around longer doesnt mean they are the best. They ARE a decent guitar and you cant find a better looking explorer!!!
    yea atticus just because you sapent a couple thousand dollars on your doesn't mean you will sound better or will make you a better player,its a beautiful guitar and my friend has the same as mine but his is made in USA and there's no too much difference in playability, but he paid 4 times what i paid for mine...also with tat money i can buy extra pickups and a cool TUBE AMP...and you don't...