Vector review by Hamer

Hamer: Vector

Purchased from: Musician's Den

This is a truly amazing guitar. It suits my style perfectly: classic rock, blues, modern rock, and some metal. Keep all three knobs turned to 10 and switched to the bridge pickup, and you get an all-around great sound. Switch to the neck pickup with the volume turned down to 8, and you get a fantastic blues sound and feel. For a classic rock sound, keep all knobs turned to 10 and set the toggle to both pickups. Switch the toggle to the bridge pickup, keep all knobs turned to 10, and tune to drop D. It'll sound so kickass and evil that it will make the devil shit himself. Noise-wise, it's perfect. There is absoultely no buzz or anything. I play through a DigiTech RP50 (pretty sad, considering I've been playing bass/guitar for about 3 and a half years), through a crappy Ibanez bass amp, and it sounds amazing. Occasionally, I'll play through my friend's 120w Crate full-stack, and it sounds even better.

There is one problem though; I wish the guitar could sound "heavier", but ahwell. It's nothing important; it sound great the way it is. Like I said above, this suits my music style perfectly. I've always loved strange-shaped guitars, such as the Flying V and Explorer, but I didn't have the money to afford the Gibson kind. So, I chose this. V-shaped guitars have been an extremely influential part of classic rock, and still is today. It sounds amazing; even through my Ibanez bass amp and DigiTech RP50. If this were stolen, I'd hunt the guy down, shoot him with a harpoon, and kick him in balls. This is a guitar I absoultely love; nothing can replace it.

I haven't played with this guitar live, but I honestly think it could withstand 100+ live shows. The hardware hasn't failed me yet; which is something I am extremely happy about, as my old guitar (a Peavey "Mantis") crapped out right before a gig. The strap buttons are perfect and not loose at all. I would definitely use this on a gig without a backup, unless I had to change tuning on it and didn't have much time. The finish is amazing; yeah, it's all black, but it's beautiful and hasn't wore off yet.

This guitar was made perfectly in the factory; there isn't a scratch on it, and the set-in neck feels perfect. I haven't tweaked with the pickups; I was thinking of replacing them with two Gibson pickups, but eventually went against it. If it ain't broke and it sounds good, why change it? The black finish is in great condition; nothing has chipped off, and the volume/tone knobs are excellent, and I have had no problems with the toggle Switch. The tuning pegs are excellent; I have no problem down-tuning, and the guitar almost never goes out of tune. I do have one problem, however; the actual V-shape is a pain in the ass when playing while sitting down. But that can be expected, right?

- Body type: alder w/ivoroid binding - Tuners: Keystone - Electronics: 2-vol, 1-tone, 3-way toggle - Bridge: Tune-O-Matic - Inlays: dot - Neck joint: set - Scale length: 24 3/4" - Neck pickup: Hamer humbucker - Bridge pickup: Hamer humbucker - Frets: 22 - Body style: Flying V - Fretboard: rosewood.

Kain_Doom01
    I'm getting a custom one with Seymour Duncan Pick-ups and better tuners, This V is one of the BEST you can buy, trust me, i've played a ton, and even the great Randy Rhoads V's can't match it at this price range, it's an excellent guitar, hands down....but I can't review it until I own it, 'tis my pact BUY THIS GUITAR IF YOU GET THE CHANCE
    stevoelsupremo
    Well I own a Vector flametop and let me say its amazing. I can go from a really cool blues tone to a great (not amazing though) crunchy metal sound with a flick of the switch. Plus I love the vintage style to it along with the nice tuners. Mine also came eqquipped with seymore duncan pickups (is that standard?) well anyways it was a great buy and I HIGHLY suggest getting one if you get the chance