Vector review by Hamer

Hamer: Vector

Purchased from: Bhargava's Musik

I played through a hell of a lot of Fenders and Ibanez's before choosing this baby, and I must say I have no regrets. The stock pickups sound surprisingly good and the controls are simple, yet extremely versatile. I mainly play punk, hard rock and metal, and this guitar does them all perfectly. It's even pretty good for stuff like Eric Clapton. It has this amazingly full sound, that can go everywhere from Billie Joe Armstrong to Kirk Hammett and Slash, and packs loads of sustain. I play through a Spider III 75, and it sounds awesome with every single one of the song presets that the amp has.

I play loads of hard rock, stuff like G'nR, Green Day and Metallica. By just looking at this beaut, one can easily say that the axe perfectly suits the styles (playing is another matter entirely). I've been playing for 3 years, and this is my first electric. I went through mounds of guitars before picking this one up, and for it's price, it even beats those Mexican Strats. Apart from this, I own an Ovation and some old acoustic that is so badly bashed up I can't read the stuff written on it's headstock anymore. This guitar easily beats the living hell out of almost every guitar I've played (nobody can beat a Gibson LP, man). If it were stolen, I'd track down the misbegotten madman and beat him into the ground with a golf club. I love everything about it, and would definitely keep it all my life, 'cause I know it would last that long, if not more.

This axe is definitely stage worthy (where else would you play a Flying V). The strap buttons are solid and have not failed me yet. The chrome will most probably tarnish overtime, but after two gigs, I haven't seen even a ding on it. It has this amazingly comfortable weight, that doesn't give anyone a bad back after 3 hours of playing, and is still heavy enough to not let it fly off when I'm jumping around on stage. I would definitely take this to a gig without a backup. The finish looks amazing on stage and is perfectly uniform all over, I doubt it will even crack in the next 3 years.

The guitar came perfectly set up from the factory, with perfect action and tightly screwed-in strap holders (though I'll be switching those out for strap locks soon). The finish is absolutely perfect, the same colour of a glass of champagne held up in the light. The pickups are really good for a guitar of it's price. The chrome parts of this guitar will be a little difficult to maintain overtime, of course, but as of now, they Shine like a mirror.

Made in 2006, Indonesia, 22 frets, nice and thick-feeling neck, set in. Body and neck made of alder w/ flametop veneer and ivoroid binding. The finish is a beautiful honeyburst on flame. The body style is the Ultra-sexy Flying V and it has 2 Duncan Design humbuckers, a tune-o-matic bridge and is string-thru. It has 2 volume and one overall tone Switch, with a three-way pickup toggle Switch. The tuners are Hamer's Vintage green style.

Rock_DKS_Style
    im getting one after christmas i tried it out in this stor it it calls out to you mainly cuz its loud but this is a great sounding and great looking guitar! definately worth 349