Siren 625 WRKHRS Review

manufacturer: Hapas Guitars date: 11/02/2015 category: Electric Guitars
Hapas Guitars: Siren 625 WRKHRS
If you want to try something different than a Schecter, Ibanez or ESP and don't want to spend and insane amount of money then the WRKHRS might just be the thing for you.
 8.3
 9.2
 7.4
 6,018
review (1) pictures (2) 7 comments vote for this gear:
Siren 625 WRKHRS Reviewed by: HEREISJOHNNY, on november 02, 2015

Price paid: € 929

Purchased from: Hapas Guitars

Features: The Hapas 625 WRKHRS is made in Berlin at the Hapas Shop and comes with an Alder body and charcoal black finish. The Neck is mahagony with a Wenge Fretboard with offset dot inlays and it features one volume knob and one bridge pickup. The cutaway is great and the belly-cut is nice aswell. The only thing I'm genuinely missing is a bigger cutaway on the top where my arm is. It has a Schaller 3D-6 bridge, 24 nickel frets and Schaller locking tuners. The construction is non-string through and a bolt on neck.

The pickup I chose was a passive DiMarzio D-Activator but it's possible to choose something different as well. Overall the general features are fantastic and the bridge is really comfortable. Think a non-string through version of a hipshot or cepheus bridge. If you're used to floyd rose or fixed bridges this will feel familiar. // 9

Sound: I usually play death metal and the pickup and the general tone really deliver. The sound is just straight forward aggressive but with enough room for nice cleans and some crunchy stuff as well. I'm using my Kemper Profiler to really get all the tones out of the guitar that I can enjoy and it is fund to play and listen to. The output of the pickup is quite high and the tone gets muddy really really quick. Think EMG 81 but muddier and more open. Not so great for fast technical stuff but fantastic for slower more chuggy riffs. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The setup was incredible. I was able to play it perfectly right out of the box. I had to adjust literally nothing. I might have to play around with the pickup height but in general even that was setup great. The whole guitar - that includes bridge, intonation etc. was setup perfectly. There were no dents or anything on the guitar. It really came flawless and ready for action. The general electronics are nice and organized and the routing is neat. There were no rough edges, no splinters. It really came flawless in any way. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'm convinced that the WRKHRS guitar was made for longetivity. This beast will surely withstand any live situation and still do a fantastic job in the studio. If I had to use it on a tour without backup I wouldn't be worried. Everything is really solid and just feels tight. This is the kind of guitar that can take a beating and still do it's job without any sort of problem. The only thing I'm not a 100% sure about is the finishing. I can't tell if it will stay on the guitar after years and years of playing the same way. // 9

Overall Impression: The Hapas WRKHRS 625 is a fantastic guitar for all my metal playing needs. It feels great and absolutely solid. Even after 6 years of playing different guitars this is still a fantastic new experience. I don't know if I would buy it again. I think I wouldn't - not because the guitar isn't fantastic but simply because I generally like to try new stuff when I get the opportunity. The thing I love most about it is the general feel and thats the thing I hate the most about it aswell. It feels great to play but some things just bother me a lot - nothing that does actually matter but yeah. The only thing I generally would have loved is a better cutaway for my forearm. But thats about it.

Overall this was a fantastic purchase and I got exactly what I paid for. If you want to try something different than a Schecter, Ibanez or ESP and don't want to spend and insane amount of money then the WRKHRS might just be the thing for you. Personally I can't wait to hit the stage with this beast! // 9

Comments