HBL450 review by Harley Benton

Harley Benton: HBL450

Despite the lack of information on this guitar that I have, it suits any rock or metal music style. Whether it is Punk Rock or Heavy metal. The guitar isn't noisy, and it can make all of the ost common guitar sounds that are used. The sound is not the best, but far not the worst. If we talk about amps - I am using a 15w Hartke combo amp.

My style of music is generally Rock (from Punk Rock to Power Metal), so this guitar is pretty okay as a match. I have been playing for about a year on this guitar, and there hasn't been anything to complain about. If it would be stolen from me, I would consider buying another one. If we talk about what I like about it, then I gotta say that I love that this guitar is very comfortable. It is my favourite feature of this guitar. But I don't like that it has only 22 frets, and oly 6 strings. I wish it would have at least 24 frets and also I wish that there would be Les Pauls with more then just 6 strings (7 or 8 for example) and also with more than just one neck(2 or even 3 for example). P.S. I haven't really compared my guitar to other guitars, but I gotta say that Strats are less comefortable to play. But that's it.

The guitar is very dependable, reliable and durable. The finish IS lasting. It will surely withstand live playing.

The guitar was setup pretty okay (if my memory is not playing with me). Everything was well-adjusted and there were no significant flaws (once again - if my memory is not playing around with me).

In this review, I am gonna tell you about my guitar - Harley Benton Les Paul HBL 450CS. I gotta be honest - this is my first review, so please forgive me, if there are any mistakes, or if I have written something utterly stupid... And also, to be honest - I don't know, and of which materials(maybe except one thing) when my Harley Benton was made... Since I bought it from a schoolmate in Latvia for 80 lats (160 dollars). Anyway, usually a Les Paul has 22 frets. So does mine. The frets are medium-sized at the lower notes, and they get thin at the higher notes (as usual) and they have perlamuter markers (these thingies at 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th 12 th and the rest of those frets). If we talk about the neck - there's nothing much to talk about. Just a medium-sized, comfy neck. Although, it sometimes is a little sticky. The guitar has got a solid top, nothing special in it too... As I said earlier - I don't know what kind of wood was used to make this guitar, so - I'm sorry, people... (that includes guitar's finish too). The body style of guitar is Les Paul (my guitar is a copy of Gibson Les Paul). Colors - Cherry Sunburst (if I am not wrong). I am gonna skip the electronics thing (cuz I don't know it) and move on to controls. So - there are 5 control knobs in total. 4 are located below, and 1(rhythm/treble) is located above the strings. 2 of the lower knobs respond for volume. The other 2 - for tone (I think). The one above responds for humbuckers. If turned upside - only the 1st(from the side of frets) will work, if turned downside - only the 2nd will work, if turned "neutral" - both are gonna be at work. I'm also gonna skip the pickups thing (coz I dunno it), and move on t tuners. The tuners themsleves are non-locking. They are made of stainless steel (as usually). Dunno their brand though. As always, with the guitar there is also a gig bag.