HBT16 review by Harley Benton

Harley Benton: HBT16

Price paid: € 79

On the test sound, the guitar knows how to sing. No problem with the pickups. The neck pickup is a bit noisy, it has a chunky sound if you play distorted, but the bridge pickup rocks. I play thrash, blues and a bit of alternative. It fits ok in my musical style. On the acoustics, sound more than perfect, it has a nice bright warm sound. After 2 weeks of playing I changed the neck pickup with a nice DiMarzio. On a nice decent amp it sounds good, but if you would like more noise get a Marshall.

On my final word it's good for a beginner, well it depends on you musical style. I would recommend it. Many players will judge a guitar by the brand, to be honest, what it matters is the player. The guitar is cheap, but that doesn't reflect the quality.

No problems with the volume and tone knobs, nice chrome finish. To be honest it seems that it would last well another year or 2 judging by my musical style. The paint is ok, don't know how much it will last.

On the first run, it feels light, the wood to be honest it's not great. I have the guitar for more than 1 year and I never had a problem. The paint job is ok, the electronics from the factory were ok, but if you want to be sure you won't have problems, rewire the pickups.

The guitar came in a nice box. It included a cable. On the first look it really looks nice, the chrome shines. To be honest it really resembles like a standard Fender Tele. You got the 3 way control, the standard T-bridge.