MS15 review by Harley Benton

Harley Benton: MS15

Purchased from: Thomann (www.thomann.de)

The sound is awesome! I play it through a Roland 30 Cube with the Metal Stack and it's just great with full gain you can create a Rammstein sound at lower gain (about 6 or 7) you can get the sound of the classic rockbands. Also clean this guitar sounds great. I always play my lead sounds with the bridge single coil and my solos with the neck single coil. You can also create the sound of Guns N'Roses Sweet Child O' Mine, when you turn the tone controls to 5 and use the neck pickup, or get an AC/DC sound by switching to the bridge pickup and middle pickup (make it a humbucker) turn up volume and tone.

Great!

I have dropped the guitar a hundred times and it still sounds good. it's a bit heavy and during a 1 or 2 hour live show you will get problems with your back. But I would play live shows with it cause it's just a great guitar. I always make great shows with the guitar, turn round my head or something.

The pickups were all set right. I play them like I got it. The tuners are awesome! You tune them use the tremolo bar and after 3 months they detune the first time. The only flaw was the broken tremolo bar, and the head of the 5 way Switch always flys of, but thats no problem I think.

This guitar was made in 2002 in Japan. It's a real Strat copy with three single coils. A 5 way Switch, 2 tone and 1 volume control. It also has a Vintage tremolo, which you should change, because you soon wil break the tremolo arm. The guitar omes without any accessoirs, but when you pay 40 euro more you will get an amp, a cord, picks etc. The neck is palisander and the body is ahorn (I don't know the english names).